• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fire destroys buses at depot in West Sussex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
19 buses are destroyed by fire at premises at Shoreham in west Sussex:-

Blaze at former Shoreham Cement Works destroys 19 buses

Nineteen buses were destroyed in a fire in West Sussex during the early hours.
Emergency services have been on the site of the former Shoreham Cement Works, on Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, since about 02:00 BST.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue said a neighbouring workshop had also been damaged by fire.
"Two historically important Southdown vehicles" were reportedly saved. It is not known what caused the fire.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue said an investigation had begun into the cause, but said it may have been started deliberately.
Adrian Carter, station commander, West Sussex Fire and Rescue, said crews arrived to find a series of coaches alight.
He told BBC South East Today they were "ordinary coaches that transport people around for holidays or to school".
The scene after the fire was "pretty devastating for the owners", he said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-41377815

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Awful, can't help but suspect arson
Agreed. One post on social media has named the operator, whose whole fleet was lost, as Ace Travel. My thoughts, and I am sure those of us all, are with the employees of that operator who must now be facing an uncertain future.

Dave

KendalKing

Established Member
Agreed. One post on social media has named the operator, whose whole fleet was lost, as Ace Travel. My thoughts, and I am sure those of us all, are with the employees of that operator who must now be facing an uncertain future.

Dave

Lets hope that another operator steps-in, and offer employment for the employees effected.

Status
Not open for further replies.