• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fire on train, Ilford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW16

No services between Liverpool Street and Brentwood due to a "fire on a train" at Ilford...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MP33

I was on a train that made an emergency stop by Ilford Depot next to a stopped TFL train going in the other direction. When we started moving again after 5 minutes the driver announced that he stopped as he noticed the pantograph of the TFL train was on fire and to report it.

Alfie1014

Pretty much destroyed the evening peak for the GE and TfL rail, the later had enjoyed 100% PPM all day until 17:00 then down to 10% by 19:00!

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Debris on the pan causing arcing? I can't think of anything else that could burn with a pan

Established Member
It was a 360 that had the pan issues as it was leaving Ilford yard.

12 car 360, ECS to form the 17.38 Liverpool St to Ipswich. Unfortunately it came to a stand on the up electric but with the tail still locking the points, effectively blocking both up and down electric lines.

Couldn't happen is a worse place, at a worse time. Effectively any down TfL rail service would have to run on the mainline from Stratford country end to Romford to get round it. And by that time all trains are out of the depot and on the move. No wonder there were delays all round.

Clip

Established Member
Ouch sounds a bad evening all round.

No clamour from amyone about banning these trains due to a fire yet then I see?

Status
Not open for further replies.