• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Firefox, new Flash player & BBC videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It would appear it's not just me, but who is it affecting? Just been instructed to install the new Flash Player 10 and now no video on BBC is loading, either News or iPlayer.

Would appear it's not just me, but is it affecting anyone else and has anyone fixed it?

Please only reply if you've just installed the new Flash player and are using Firefox.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flymo

Established Member
My Firefox flash player updated itself recently to the version 10 and no I can't play the BBC videos either. Mind you trying IE & Opera they don't play there either.

Is it a problem with the BBC site and happened just coincidentally with the update? Trying other websites (CNN, Sky, YouTube) there is no apparent problem with viewing any videos there hence me wondering if it is BBC site related. I have to say I don't usually watch BBC videos so I can't say if this just happened or has been like that a while, sorry.

I rolled back to Version 9 of flash and the videos still don't play on BBC. Living overseas I can't try iplayer. I tried uninstalling adobe flash player and shockwave flash and reinstalling didn't change anything.

Might be an idea to contact the BBC. Maybe they haven't paid their license fee.<D

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Yep, YouTube, etc. works fine for me, it's just the BBC iPlayer and other videos (such as BBC News) that don't work. Seems it works for some, and doesn't for others.

Geezertronic

Established Member
The BBC have also started using RealPlayer instead of Windows Media Player for some of their content, in particular the Radio Listen Again. Has anyone else noticed this?

flymo

Established Member
Hey up, just tried on Ubutbu Linux and the BBC videos work OK. Now going to try on XP, will update
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well I guess the BBC must have put another 50p in the meter 'cos it's all working now, on Firefox and XP. Can't comment on the whole iPlayer thingamybob but so far the website is behaving itself.

I suppose it is as good as it gets. Still prefer Sky news.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just an update, it is now working - so I am assuming there was a problem with the new Flash player and the BBC have fixed it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.