• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi2u_uk

I'm reading that first bus are wanting to get rid of all their buses. Are they not profitable ? , i'm also reading that local councils are wanting to take over the first bus operations in their area.
How likely is this given that most of them don't seem to have any money and struggle to subsidise buses in their are already

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
A lot of investment is needed across the UK as far as their buses go so they probably want to cut their losses more than anything. It would depend on what budgets the council had for the bus but I'm certainly sceptical on whether they could succeed under council leadership

Robertj21a

On Moderation
It's all on the Forum here for Buses under 'First Group - Restructuring and Survival'

PaulMc7

Established Member
Yeah I've been reading and commenting on that forum. Will be interesting to see what happens with First

Status
Not open for further replies.