• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Eastern Counties Network ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Is anyone familiar with this ticket, and more to the point does anyone know the exact area it covers please? I understand from the website that it costs £14 for an adult, but have found nothing on there that confirms its area of validity - and elsewhere on the Internet, I have found conflicting information. Some places have said Norfolk and Suffolk only, some have included the X1 to Peterborough, some have included Essex...

I really don't know. If anyone can give a definite answer as to the exact validity of this ticket, it would be appreciated. I suspect that it covers Norfolk, Suffolk and the X1, but may be wrong.

I remember when the forerunner of this ticket, the Bus Ranger, cost just £4 (and definitely covered from King's Lynn right through to Southend).. Those were the days :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

embers25

Established Member
Is anyone familiar with this ticket, and more to the point does anyone know the exact area it covers please? I understand from the website that it costs £14 for an adult, but have found nothing on there that confirms its area of validity - and elsewhere on the Internet, I have found conflicting information. Some places have said Norfolk and Suffolk only, some have included the X1 to Peterborough, some have included Essex...

I really don't know. If anyone can give a definite answer as to the exact validity of this ticket, it would be appreciated. I suspect that it covers Norfolk, Suffolk and the X1, but may be wrong.

I remember when the forerunner of this ticket, the Bus Ranger, cost just £4 (and definitely covered from King's Lynn right through to Southend).. Those were the days :lol:

I believe Norfolk/Suffolk and X1 to Peterborough also and the driver on my X1 2 weeks ago thought so too...though I had a rail add-on for £6 from Peterborough to Dereham which seemed very cheap. Handily stopped right by the Dereham steam railway too. I couldn't believe when I found out it was £14 as it's even more expensive than the very expensive Stagecoach East Goldrider. Makes me grateful for my Arriva Surrey Explorer still valid in most of Southern England for £6.80. I note that the Stagecoach Oxford Goldrider is a 24hour ticket unlike any other Goldrider that I know of. Its about time other Goldriders became 24hrs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.