• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whiteway215

Established Member
Courtesy of WM Buses in Photos website I see on the latest First fleet changes that long standing mystery 33099 along with 42430 have 'left the fleet.' I believe these lists are based on official info.

@Whiteway215 33099 was based at winkleigh for ages after suffering a major engine failure and being sent to Taunton standing for 2-3 years, it's still there but it's been removed from the fleet.

As for 42430, it has been officially signed over to the CBPS today, there is a post about it on FB.

83G/84D

Established Member
Both the recent Dart repaints were together at Camborne today.

Attachments

• IMG_4325.JPG
    IMG_4325.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 86

farwest

Great improvement in Cornwall to see the back of the awful First group liveries. Vehicles are looking very smart now.

83G/84D

Established Member
Great improvement in Cornwall to see the back of the awful First group liveries. Vehicles are looking very smart now.

Yes that is true to a point with the new intake of buses in the last 2-3 years. However there is still a way to go on this, some shabby looking Tridents, Solo's and Dart's in Barbie in desperate need of a refurb and repaint.

Only one depot with a bus wash doesn't help with the external appearance of the fleet either.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
FWIW, I do like the Kernow liveries though, I agree, the presentation of the fleet is less than great because of the lack of washing facilities at most depots and that vehicles are outbased in far flung locations.

In the South West, we're quite fortunate that we have a plethora of liveries though urban does survive in Bristol with the fronts in different colours according to routes, similar to Norwich, Berkshire, and Glasgow and a few other places.

Untouched urban is definitely still prevalent in West and South Yorkshire and Essex.

busKernow

FWIW, I do like the Kernow liveries though, I agree, the presentation of the fleet is less than great because of the lack of washing facilities at most depots and that vehicles are outbased in far flung locations.

In the South West, we're quite fortunate that we have a plethora of liveries though urban does survive in Bristol with the fronts in different colours according to routes, similar to Norwich, Berkshire, and Glasgow and a few other places.

Untouched urban is definitely still prevalent in West and South Yorkshire and Essex.
There are plans for another 2 bus wash's at Penzance & Summercourt Depots .

GBM

There are plans for another 2 bus wash's at Penzance & Summercourt Depots .
Has been for many years. Pz had the equipment from St Austell but no funds to repair and erect, so parts quietly rusting in Pz.
Fuellers/cleaners do not have any time to wash as well as clean.

MB162435

Established Member
Uni MMC 33474 on T1/T2 duties today, worked the 17:57 T1 service from Penzance to Truro and the 19:35 T1 service to Camborne

Last edited:

carlberry

Established Member
If anyone is missing a rather smart all-over-gold Alexander-bodied decker with First Camborne legal lettering, I can report that it is operating Rail Replacement at Bristol Parkway this morning.
There are at least two Gold ones in Bristol at the moment.

83G/84D

Established Member
First Kernow coach 20803 previously stored at Penzance and partly unbranded is at the Volvo Truck and bus site at Victoria.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
If anyone is missing a rather smart all-over-gold Alexander-bodied decker with First Camborne legal lettering, I can report that it is operating Rail Replacement at Bristol Parkway this morning.

Most of the rail replacement hire ins are on FSW legals and o-discs. Apparently WofE didn’t have the disc availability so SW have the contract.

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
33181 is in a rather nice looking Kernow Poppy livery!

Whilst it's nice to see Presidents being repainted into Kernow green (which seems to suggest their future is secure for the medium term), it seems a bit odd that they're not doing examples that are still in Barbie. The ones in green and the Vamooz pair were all in Urban livery...