• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Scotrail Conductor Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyR

Hey guys,

I've just received word that I've to go for an interview for a conductor job for Edinburgh Waverley next week. I feel that I done really well at the assessment day but I'm not terribly good or comfortable with interviews. I was wondering if anybody had any advice or idea of what I could expect. Also if anyone already works for scotrail or at Waverley could I ask what it's like?

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jim8970

Well done mikeyr, I failed online test for conductor at Perth station so I cant give you much advice. What all did the assessment day entail?

Network

When was the assessment day, and how long ago was your online assessment?

I applied for Central and Queen Street

Got an email through to do online assessment for the Glasgow Central one just before xmas, and at the exact same time got an email with a rejection for Queen Street

A few months back I was successful during the assessment day and interview for trainee conductor for First Transpennine.

Am I correct that this assessment pass is valid for ALL TOCs for 3 years? or do Scotrail use their own assessment people? (The FTPE one was done with a company called The OPC I think?)

I emailed Scotrail when applying to tell them I already passed the conductor assessment with FTPE but they never bothered replying.

After doing the online assessment my status on their website now reads "Successful at part-assessment"

Anyone know whats going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.