• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swifty

Established Member
From April on Sundays only the 17 is to be extended up to Bilbe Green via the 349 routing to provide connections for South Keynsham to Bath & Bristol.

carlberry

Established Member
Been told the pack of LNYXes to be unleashed onto the South Gloucestershire Countryside on March 16th.
I'm surprised it's that soon (as the 6/7 only went over last week) however perhaps it'll just be one of the services. Quite a few Lynx still out at Avonmouth however one of the green ones has also arrived now.

martyjon

The info re LYNKes was given to me by a member of SG Council who had seen an email with that date included. 9 vehicles would allow a launch and spare gas vehicles have been allocated to the T1/Y1 with 2 such buses on the T1 when I looked earlier this morning and 39449 on the Y1 all day yesterday finishing with a Y2 turn.

DaveHarries

Established Member
From the VOSA Bus Service Registrations for today, 11-Mar-2020, comes this:

PH0000132/329 Registered
FIRST WEST OF ENGLAND LIMITED
Route: Stockwood/ Broomhill to Cribbs Causeway Bus Station via Bristol city centre
Service number: 1 (2)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 05 Apr 2020

If turned into a CSV file, which gives more information, it says that this is for route and timetable changes. A similar registration has appeared for Service 3 (Worle Sainsburys - Searle Crescent) in Weston-s-Mare, alongside other Weston routes 1, 5, 7 & 126, also for route and timetable changes, effective from the same date.

Dave

freetoview33

Established Member

PH0000132/329 Registered
Route: Stockwood/ Broomhill to Cribbs Causeway Bus Station via Bristol city centre

If turned into a CSV file, which gives more information, it says that this is for route and timetable changes. A similar registration has appeared for Service 3 (Worle Sainsburys - Searle Crescent) in Weston-s-Mare, alongside other Weston routes 1, 5, 7 & 126, also for route and timetable changes, effective from the same date.

Dave
I am thinking the Weston changes must be something minor in the Centre of Weston.

Tommy Walters

Are 37347/57 only loans or permanent transfers? There are plenty of vintage deckers in Bath that need replacing! Sadly!

I'd have thought loans, due to the shocking reliability of the uni fleet (33950 in strife once again this evening)! 357 was also still carrying both its Bristol Fleetnames & a full size rear ad for a retirement home in Fishponds!

Westonian

The earlier spring sunshine brought out Coaster open top 32002 on service 1 (not on Bus Times).
37338 joined by 37341 on loan (?) for Excel routes at Weston depot.
Forthcoming changes at Weston will be due to closure of part of Alexandra Parade for road works to provide bus stops for all services by TESCO, although may also include half hourly on 1 and Sunday service on 126 for the summer.

D2007wsm

Established Member
The earlier spring sunshine brought out Coaster open top 32002 on service 1 (not on Bus Times).
37338 joined by 37341 on loan (?) for Excel routes at Weston depot.
Forthcoming changes at Weston will be due to closure of part of Alexandra Parade for road works to provide bus stops for all services by TESCO, although may also include half hourly on 1 and Sunday service on 126 for the summer.
32002 was probably out today due to a shortage of buses, thats why 37341 was collected and then used on the X1.

The Weston changes are in part down to reroutings around Alexandra Parade and minor timetable changes to the 3s and 7s in particular based on driver feedback following the January changes.

D2007wsm

Established Member
I'm surprised it's that soon (as the 6/7 only went over last week) however perhaps it'll just be one of the services. Quite a few Lynx still out at Avonmouth however one of the green ones has also arrived now.

The info re LYNKes was given to me by a member of SG Council who had seen an email with that date included. 9 vehicles would allow a launch and spare gas vehicles have been allocated to the T1/Y1 with 2 such buses on the T1 when I looked earlier this morning and 39449 on the Y1 all day yesterday finishing with a Y2 turn.
There is at least 5 fully branded at Lawrence Hill parked in a line. Earlier when passing there only seemed to be 1/2 parked in Avonmouth.

Luk3y

32002 was probably out today due to a shortage of buses, thats why 37341 was collected and then used on the X1.

The Weston changes are in part down to reroutings around Alexandra Parade and minor timetable changes to the 3s and 7s in particular based on driver feedback following the January changes.
37341 was on X1X earlier, full to the brim by the looks of it

Class 33

Established Member

PH0000132/329 Registered

If turned into a CSV file, which gives more information, it says that this is for route and timetable changes.

Dave

I notice it states "service number: 1 (2)". With the 2 in brackets for some reason. Does this mean it's only the 2 that is changing? But then again it states Broomhill and 1 as well. So it's a bit ambiguous. Wish they'd hurry up and publish in details what the changes are, as it's now only just over 3 weeks to go till the changes. Usually by now all the new timetables are usually posted on TravelineSW.

BBC

I notice it states "service number: 1 (2)". With the 2 in brackets for some reason. Does this mean it's only the 2 that is changing? But then again it states Broomhill and 1 as well. So it's a bit ambiguous. Wish they'd hurry up and publish in details what the changes are, as it's now only just over 3 weeks to go till the changes. Usually by now all the new timetables are usually posted on TravelineSW.
The 2a is starting after the next change so I assume that’s the route change is talks of.

-Colly405-

So the new 2A times are up on Traveline.

Quite impressive improvements to the frequency of that and the 2 (unless you want to go to Cribbs...)...
- Peaks - the existing 2 every 12 minutes becomes every 7-8 mins, alternating between a 2 and a 2A.
- Off Peaks - the existing 2 every 15 mins becomes every 10 mins, alternating between a 2 and a 2A.
- All evenings - the existing 2 every 30 mins becomes every 15 mins, alternating between a 2 and a 2A.
- Sunday daytime - the existing 2 every 20 mins becomes every 15 minutes, alternating between a 2 and a 2A.

I13

I notice it states "service number: 1 (2)". With the 2 in brackets for some reason. Does this mean it's only the 2 that is changing?
Pretty sure it's just that the 1 and the 2 come under the same registration.

freetoview33

Established Member
Changes in full

Bath 1: Normal summer reduction from every 10 mins to every 12 mins.
Bath 5: Earlier first trip into Bath and peak reduction from every 10 mins to every 12 mins and minor timing changes.
Bath U1: Changes but can't work out what!
Bath U2: Saturday service, and weekday holiday services reduced from every 60 mins to every 70 mins.
Bath U3: Minor timing changes until May, then route changed to only be school days and not serving Oldfield Park and frequency reduced to every 10 mins.
Bath U5: Frequency reduction from every 12 mins to every 15 mins, holiday service reduced from every 30 mins to every 60 mins.
Weston 1: Normal summer changes, half hourly service 7 days a week.
Weston 3: Minor changes in Central Weston and morning frequency reduced from every 12 mins to every 15 mins.
Weston 5: Minor changes in Central Weston.
Weston 7: Minor changes in Central Weston, earlier first bus and Saturday frequency increase from every 20 mins to every 15 mins.
Bristol 2/2A: Explained above.
Bristol 8: Saturday frequency increased from every 10 mins to every 7 mins and Sunday frequency increase from every 15 mins to every 12 mins.
Bristol 17: Evening services cut and the Keynsham extension on a Sunday.
Bristol 48/48A/49/X49: 48A Frequency reduced from every 15 mins to every 20 mins, 48 cut back to Sainsbury's no longer serving Lyde Green.
Bristol 70/71: Morning frequency reduced and a later trip to/from Temple Meads, daytime frequency remains the same.
Bristol U3: Withdrawn.
X39: Becomes 39X no timetable changes.
126: Sunday services introduced for the summer.
A3: One earlier trip at 2am.
Portway: Minor timetable changes.
D1: Odd trips withdrawn, otherwise timetable totally redrawn, but nothing major.
D2: Morning shorts in Frome withdrawn, D2X one morning/afternoon express service non stop from Bath to Rhode Hill
D3: Withdrawn.
X1/X2: Minor changes in Central Weston, no timetable currently being show for X2
X3: Becomes Bristol - Pill - Portishead Sainsburys every 60 mins
X3X: Bristol - Sheepway - Portishead Sainsburys - Coombe Road every 30 mins (Non stop from Hotwells to Sheepway)
X3A: As current
X4: Withdrawn.
M2: New 20 mins Sunday service.