• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Busgeek

Ok... Today I noticed some discrepancies on the timetables... See below the pictures. Timetable at the bus stop says **:39 but in the new booklet is the original 00:44 anyone know why the time has been brought forward/slashed 5 mins, whilst adding in the Ruan Minor stop, which I'll add, has no kernow bus timetable in the stop.

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_124042.jpg
    IMG_20210923_124042.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210923_124119.jpg
    IMG_20210923_124119.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210923_124130.jpg
    IMG_20210923_124130.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

farwest

I think First Kernow have improved incredibly over the last couple of years and all the repaints give a really good impression of the change. Hopefully we'll see the last of the First corporate liveries soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

On the Buses

Guys - stop guessing. Just wait for updates when they can be shared.

ps First South West isn't just confined to the Duchy, BTW
Indeed. Aside from the three exchanging for the three e400s, Geminis now arriving inc 37003 are likely to end up in Somerset to replace the existing Tridents and some single decks.
In Cornwall the five E500s and five last SPS returnees will likely see off the last Presidents and the four ex West of England ALXs.
The white B7TLs will likely remain on school contracts until spring when seven East Lancs Mylleniums transfer from First Hampshire Dorset and Berkshire

Last edited:

Callum15632

Indeed. Aside from the three exchanging for the three e400s, Geminis now arriving inc 37003 are likely to end up in Somerset to replace the existing Tridents and some single decks.
In Cornwall the five E500s and five last SPS returnees will likely see off the last Presidents and the four ex WoE ALXs.
The white B7TLs will likely remain on school contracts until spring when seven East Lancs Mylleniums transfer from HDB
Okay.Thanks for sharing some information.
32670 is in Camborne at the moment.
Oh wow I didn't expect that to be at Cornwall.

Whiteway215

Established Member
In Cornwall the five E500s and five last SPS returnees will likely see off the last Presidents and the four ex WoE ALXs.
The white B7TLs will likely remain on school contracts until spring when seven East Lancs Mylleniums transfer from HDB.
Many thanks for that update.

D2007wsm

Established Member
So is FSW just painting buses for fun now and then wasting the money? 53253 has been seen in Weston Super Mare today. My question is, when will they stop wasting money painting buses and get things in order with other areas of fleet? Clearly the daytripper was a flop?
It’s been parked in the layby opposite the Food Warehouse every morning around 07:09 this week. It’s just has ‘Buses of Somerset’ on the display.

vla50

The white B7TLs will likely remain on school contracts until spring when seven East Lancs Mylleniums transfer from HDB.
Many thanks for the update OTB! :)

Guys - stop guessing. Just wait for updates when they can be shared.

ps First South West isn't just confined to the Duchy, BTW
Apologies

richw

Veteran Member
Photos of 38208 on Facebook in Wells depot with a scrap alx400 being towed out. That’s the 4th one to reach the southwest.
I moved 38202 from Truro to Camborne on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised with the drive, I quite enjoyed the run down to Camborne and found it easy to drive. It’s roughly the same length as our Levantes, and Panther coaches at 12.1m.

fgwrich

Established Member
In Cornwall the five E500s and five last SPS returnees will likely see off the last Presidents and the four ex West of England ALXs.
The white B7TLs will likely remain on school contracts until spring when seven East Lancs Mylleniums transfer from First Hampshire Dorset and Berkshire

32759 and 32763-8?

Interestingly, that will be their second stint in Cornwall having been delivered new to Plymouth and Torpoint. And probably their smartest once repainted into their retrospective Kernow based liveries.

vla50

Photos of 38208 on Facebook in Wells depot with a scrap alx400 being towed out. That’s the 4th one to reach the southwest.
I moved 38202 from Truro to Camborne on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised with the drive, I quite enjoyed the run down to Camborne and found it easy to drive. It’s roughly the same length as our Levantes, and Panther coaches at 12.1m.
Interesting.

A bit unrelated but were the seats 34137 is now having fitted (courtesy of Marc's Twitter) from that scrap ALX400?

northernbelle

32759 and 32763-8?
That's good news - these were always fine buses with a good turn of speed and decent gearboxes. It would make sense for them all to be together in Cornwall.

They are also relatively rare in combining the Trident II chassis with East Lancs Myllenium Lolyne bodywork - I don't think there are many of those about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamesbus80

Interestingly, that will be their second stint in Cornwall having been delivered new to Plymouth and Torpoint. And probably their smartest once repainted into their retrospective Kernow based liveries.
Yep - ‘59 was new to Plymouth as “Swan” on the Tamar Link, ‘63 was one of three new to Cornwall for the 89/90, although they didn’t last long, and ‘64-8 was new to Barnstaple and transferred over to Southampton initially with that depot’s closure.

They are well thought of in Hampshire - often on daily service on the X4/X5 trunk routes and the buses with the highest capacity in the fleet. It’ll be sad to see them go, but also quite sentimental the plan is for them to go full circle and back to the South West.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Many thanks for the update OTB! :)

Apologies
No need to apologise - this thread is about First South West and, whilst Kernow is the bigger portion and has experienced the greatest change, poor old BoS is often overlooked. Also, and this is not aimed at anyone, we don't need assumptions and speculation when we are fortunate to get information provided by people in the know. It's interesting to know what's happening but First Bus is a machine with many moving parts, nationally and locally, so sometimes we just need to be patient :D

As it is, I'll be sad to see the Tridents go from Somerset. The ALXs were some of the first green vehicles in the relaunched image back in 2013 (?) and I've enjoyed a few nice runs from Axminster/Chard to Taunton on various Tridents over the years. However, plus ca change, as they say in Ilminster......

Yep - ‘59 was new to Plymouth as “Swan” on the Tamar Link, ‘63 was one of three new to Cornwall for the 89/90, although they didn’t last long, and ‘64-8 was new to Barnstaple and transferred over to Southampton initially with that depot’s closure.

They are well thought of in Hampshire - often on daily service on the X4/X5 trunk routes and the buses with the highest capacity in the fleet. It’ll be sad to see them go, but also quite sentimental the plan is for them to go full circle and back to the South West.
Indeed, they are robust vehicles and there's a certain charm about them heading back. It'll be interesting to see what will replace them in the Solent world.

baza585

Indeed, they are robust vehicles and there's a certain charm about them heading back. It'll be interesting to see what will replace them in the Solent world.
Introduction of Portsmouth CAZ possibly means restrictions/extra costs for non Euro 6 buses. I have no info, unlike OTB, but I wonder if the 327xxs might migrate to Weymouth when the CAZ starts, and then further west next year when they can be released.

ISTR a Hengrove Streetdeck was trialled on the JC routes which might give a clue as to what happens next. Although I am led to believe the trial wasn't an unqualified success..........

vla50

No need to apologise - this thread is about First South West and, whilst Kernow is the bigger portion and has experienced the greatest change, poor old BoS is often overlooked. Also, and this is not aimed at anyone, we don't need assumptions and speculation when we are fortunate to get information provided by people in the know. It's interesting to know what's happening but First Bus is a machine with many moving parts, nationally and locally, so sometimes we just need to be patient :D

As it is, I'll be sad to see the Tridents go from Somerset. The ALXs were some of the first green vehicles in the relaunched image back in 2013 (?) and I've enjoyed a few nice runs from Axminster/Chard to Taunton on various Tridents over the years. However, plus ca change, as they say in Ilminster......

I don't know whether the ALXs would be the ones to go first?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the 3 Scanias now with BoS that came from Wessex are permanent additions or are they just temporary? Many thanks

CornwallBus

Just a thought, the outstationed vehicles in Plymouth & Exeter, have they been affected by the muppets panic buying fuel? As they domt have any fuel facilities at the depots..... be interesting on Monday morning

richw

Veteran Member
Just a thought, the outstationed vehicles in Plymouth & Exeter, have they been affected by the muppets panic buying fuel? As they domt have any fuel facilities at the depots..... be interesting on Monday morning
I expect a contingency plan is in place, without knowing it, the obvious I imagine Exeter could run via Taunton between colleges and Plymouth via one of the East Cornish depots.

S.Jacket

Does that mean the likes of 37182/3/5 are now not staying in Cornwall after the swap for the 3 08 plate E400s?