• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CornwallBus

So glad the roadworks are finished on the A390, bet all the Truro College drivers are as well! Saw an E500, Gemini and Autosan running 272 & 273 services at the Four Lords all at least 15 mins late, hordes of the students all along the route waiting for them!

vla50

Are there any plans regarding the Mousehole? Are any of the Solos going to be retrimmed & repainted and have any other Solos gone in for charabanc conversion?

83G/84D

Established Member
Enviro 400MMC 33451 is now in “The Copper” colours and is currently situated at Camborne.

Whiteway215

Established Member
According to The Provincial Society website latest news all of 65006/11/21/22/25 are withdrawn and authorised for sale to PVS around 14 January, although in practical terms they will be collected by Wigley as subcontractors to PVS.

CD

Apart from First Potteries the only Scania Omnicity still in service is 65020 at Taunton.

Goldfish62

Established Member
According to Plymothian Transit DART, ATLA and DISC have been suspended from last Sunday until further notice. Plus it appears that FALM is now weekends only. None of this seems to have been highlighted on Kernow or Adventures by Bus websites or social media, which seems a bit of an oversight.

18 January 2022​

Suspended? possibly..​

A comment left on an earlier post that the Dartmoor Explorer was cancelled has been queried – but they are right, or at least it looks like it…
There were 6 service alterations published this week that show the Dartmoor Explorer, Discover Exeter and at least parts of the Atlantic Coaster are suspended until further notice due to covid. That on its own isn't surprising.
What is surprising is just how difficult it is to get confirmation on this as I have not seen it mentioned anywhere by First Kernow on their web site or the facebook pages.
Traveline are still showing the timetables as current but the Adventures By Bus web site is showing these services as Coming Soon!
The Falmouth Coaster does still appear to be running though
LicenceRouteStart PointEnd PointEffectiveNotesOPERATOR
PH0004983.518Atlantic CoasterNewquay Bus StationPadstow Old Station Car Park
16-Jan-2022​
Temporary suspension of service due to CovidFIRST SOUTH WEST LIMITED
PH0004983.585Atlantic CoasterNewquay Bus StationSt Agnes Institute
16-Jan-2022​
PH0004983.596Dartmoor ExplorerPlymouth Royal ParadePostbridge
16-Jan-2022​
PH0004983.597Dartmoor ExplorerExeter St DavidsPostbridge
16-Jan-2022​
PH0004983.615Discover ExeterExeter, St David's StationExeter, St David's Station
16-Jan-2022​
PH0004983.608Falmouth CoasterFalmouth, The MoorFalmouth, The Moor
16-Jan-2022​
Temporary timetable variation due to CovidFIRST SOUTH WEST LIMITED

northernbelle

According to Plymothian Transit DART, ATLA and DISC have been suspended from last Sunday until further notice. Plus it appears that FALM is now weekends only. None of this seems to have been highlighted on Kernow or Adventures by Bus websites or social media, which seems a bit of an oversight.

I'm surprised DART and DISC haven't been suspended before now - I've never seen anything more than a small handful of passengers aboard since they started.

vla50

I'm surprised DART and DISC haven't been suspended before now - I've never seen anything more than a small handful of passengers aboard since they started.
Dartmoor sounds like it has been a success across the summer period so would imagine it was reasonably successful at high season?

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
I wondered why Atlantic Coaster and Falmouth Coaster weren't running today. Is it a driver shortage or another reason?

83G/84D

Established Member
Registered as "due to Covid".

Okay thanks. I have seen the Falmouth Coaster several times in recent weeks and each time there were no passengers on board.

20558 was in Camborne today painted black with Truronian branding in silver.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Registered as "due to Covid".
Anyone spending any time in or around Truro in the last week or two who has their eyes open will see the effects of Covid on places like coffee shops and restaurants. As someone who was visiting a patient in Royal Cornwall Hospital every couple of days since before Christmas and attempting to get a coffee and use the loo in the City before my drive home, I had to forego the drink on the last couple of occasions. Regrettably, RCH will now once again only allow visitors in emergency situations, which thankfully mine isn't.

Volvodart

Established Member
The link to this was tweeted late last night:-

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/adventures-bus/news-and-service-updates

We’re making some temporary changes to some of our Adventures by Bus rides. 16/01/2022
As it’s the quietest part of the year and we’re experiencing short notice staff absences due to covid isolation, we’ve taken the proactive decision to temporarily suspend some rides so that we have a small level of drivers available to provide cover for our essential local bus network and school and college transport. The Dartmoor Explorer, Discover Exeter and Atlantic Coaster are suspended in full but will return at Easter. The Falmouth Coaster will only operate on weekends until Easter. We’re really sorry for any disappointment caused, but hope you’ll understand and join us on some great returning and new adventures from Easter.

vla50

If you don't mind me asking, will the Optare Solo currently doing CAL117 continue on the service even after the Mousehole Adventure comes out?

richw

Veteran Member
If you don't mind me asking, will the Optare Solo currently doing CAL117 continue on the service even after the Mousehole Adventure comes out?
A solo SR has operated it this week. The previous roadworks that needed the smaller solo has now finished.

83G/84D

Established Member
Enviro 200’s 44381 and 44382 both on GWR rail replacement services between St Austell and Newquay today.

Update 29th January:-

Gemini 32677 now has Unique branding applied (was in base colours). Second to be treated to Unique vinyls.
Both Volvo B7RLE training buses are now vinyld after 66941 was recently treated.
Enviro 200 44509 was in Camborne for attention last weekend and has been seen doing some test runs around the town in recent days.
Enviro 400MMC 33453 was still in Tinner colours and in service on Thursday. This is supposed to become the fourth and final example to receive Copper livery.

Last edited:

S.Jacket

Enviro 200’s 44381 and 44382 both on GWR rail replacement services between St Austell and Newquay today.

Update 29th January:-

Gemini 32677 now has Unique branding applied (was in base colours). Second to be treated to Unique vinyls.
Both Volvo B7RLE training buses are now vinyld after 66941 was recently treated.
Enviro 200 44509 was in Camborne for attention last weekend and has been seen doing some test runs around the town in recent days.
Enviro 400MMC 33453 was still in Tinner colours and in service on Thursday. This is supposed to become the fourth and final example to receive Copper livery.
Thank you for the much appreciated updates

83G/84D

Established Member
Thank you for the much appreciated updates
Hopefully someone will find it of interest!

Information received in last few days that the training school is to receive two additional Volvo B7RLE's in the coming months although it wasn't mentioned which one's or where they are coming from.
As a result Scania / Irizar 23402 will then return to Truronian and Volvo B10BLE 66164 may be retired.

Last edited: