• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
Ticket machine swap. Passed me an hour ago. I couldn't get the number but it was one if the excel branded deckers.

Thanks for the reply. I thought 32102 was unlikely.

I wonder where the incoming open tops are destined for? Falmouth, Lizard, Lands End or elsewhere?

Last edited:

83G/84D

Established Member
Anyone know if the S2 is currently running? 32207 was in it earlier but there is nothing tracking on bustimes.

I am in St Ives and was planning on catching it later.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Anyone know if the S2 is currently running? 32207 was in it earlier but there is nothing tracking on bustimes.

I am in St Ives and was planning on catching it later.
Looks like the last one from St Ives is running.

Good afternoon, due to driver sickness today the S2 service 14.34 Gwithian to St Ives 15.33 St Ives to Gwithian and 16.34 Gwithian to St Ives will not be running we will run the 17.33 St Ives to Gwithian, sorry for the inconvenience. RG

83G/84D

Established Member
Thanks very much. No sign of the S2 yet. It should now be departing St Ives.T2 to Camborne is now diverted via Gwithian to cover the S2!

Last edited:

Goldfish62

Established Member
Thanks very much. No sign of the S2 yet. It should now be departing St Ives.T2 to Camborne is now diverted via Gwithian to cover the S2!
Welk, at least there's an intervention to cover the journey. Hope you get back OK!

83G/84D

Established Member
Welk, at least there's an intervention to cover the journey. Hope you get back OK!

Didn’t matter too much for me but a few others were inconvenienced. There were people on the T2 at St Ives for Truro and Falmouth. We were late departing St Ives due to extra passengers because of the rail strike. As we were covering the S2 we went via St Ives holiday park and by the time we got to Hayle the T1 was in front of our bus.

Further diversions via Hayle Towans and Gwithian but missing the west end of Connor Downs caused further delay. By the time Camborne was reached and I got off, the T1 to Truro had not been held as far as I could tell and was on the way towards Redruth.
I wonder what time people got to Truro and Falmouth.

The 515 could have possibly picked up passengers for Gwithian allowing the T2 to run normal route albeit with a small delay.

Easy to say afterwards I suppose.

Last edited:

Goldfish62

Established Member
Those two are correct, Marc Huws posted a list on Twitter and they feature on that list.
Screenshot of list attached to this post.
I believe 37802 and 37803 will be the first closed top Gemini 2s for FSW.

richw

Veteran Member
Suspect that they will be part of the e400 fleet that will standardise the BoS closed top decker ops.
Marc Huws tweeted a photo of an e400 from that list a few days ago. It was closed top, and painted in what I assume to be an update BOS livery. He’s also commented somewhere that the driver who brought down the solos from Scotland this week is visiting Purfleet next week.

No link as I seen it days ago, and just remembered seeing the post.

I believe 37802 and 37803 will be the first closed top Gemini 2s for FSW.
The tweeted list certainly suggests they will be closed top.

LAIRA

3 Truro college, 271, 272, 890. (?, 32689, 33307)
2 Duchy college (20805, 20808)
3 callington school (53862, 56101, ?)
1 st Austell college. (37014)
1 operational spare (53254)
Numbers in brackets represent the vehicle that worked back to yard this afternoon.
However 2 of these are temporarily being covered by Bodmin outstation due to staffing.
53701 53251 53253 did Callington School today. No sign of 56101 so a wasted trip.

greengrey

Thanks Richard, the one that got away.
LAIRA, you are not alone. I've driven through Callington at weekends twice in the past few months and neither time was it parked in the yard, but if it's now gone I shan't have to bother again, so thank you.
On a similar theme, what's happened to 37793. It passed me in Camborne once in early August but I haven't seen it since, and it doesn't seem to have ever registered any journeys on bus times. Could, of course, be out on a different ticket machine but I've never seen it on the road anywhere.

richw

Veteran Member
I've just had a read of last week's Notices & Proceedings, and it appears that First SW have a new operating centre in Plymouth, authorised for 8 vehicles. It is possibly the place I would least have expected: MILEHOUSE, MILEHOUSE ROAD, PLYMOUTH, PL3 4AA

Been there since at least June, notice and proceedings seem a bit slow publishing as it was updated on the operator licence back before moving in.
Not sure why it would be unexpected as the two companies are working in partnership in Cornwall as part of the enhanced partnership.

richw

Veteran Member
Just remembering the history between the two in Plymouth itself before First pulled out, it seems unexpected...
That’s history now. Everything seems amicable these days. The enhanced partnership seems to be a good move, ticket acceptance, routes that mostly compliment each other

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
That’s history now. Everything seems amicable these days. The enhanced partnership seems to be a good move, ticket acceptance, routes that mostly compliment each other
Indeed, that aspect is history. I'm sure it is all amicable - more just a passing thought on how First might tender for other work (i.e. the college stuff etc) in Plymouth area

Still, all quite interesting

83G/84D

Established Member
LAIRA, you are not alone. I've driven through Callington at weekends twice in the past few months and neither time was it parked in the yard, but if it's now gone I shan't have to bother again, so thank you.
On a similar theme, what's happened to 37793. It passed me in Camborne once in early August but I haven't seen it since, and it doesn't seem to have ever registered any journeys on bus times. Could, of course, be out on a different ticket machine but I've never seen it on the road anywhere.

56101 was based in mid Cornwall for a time and operated out of Summercourt and Bodmin AFAIK. 37793 was in Camborne engineering for a long while and was in and out of the workshops.

53801 was VOR at Camborne although I am not sure if it still is.

CD

According to the Somerset County Council website practically nothing running on Monday on Buses of Somerset.

https://somerset.thinktravel.info/bus-service-updates/service-route-disruptions

Buses of Somerset- Industrial Action Taking Place Monday 10th October 2022.

Deu to industrial action taking by the RMT Union, there will be changes to services from Buses of Somerset on Monday 10th October - here is a breakdown of their services:

1 Taunton – Priorswood – No Service

2 Taunton - Priorswood – No Service

4 Taunton - Lane Estate – No Service

6 Bridport - Crewkerne – Yeovil – No Service

6 Taunton – Holway – No Service

7 Taunton – Galmington – No Service

10 Porlock – Minehead - School Jouneys provided by Buses of Somerset will operate. The daytime service will also run as it is provided by ATWEST and Ridlers Coaches

14 Bridgwater - Cannington - Nether Stowey - Bridgwater College am and pm journeys to and from Shurton will operate but no daytime service available on this route

15 Minehead - Bridgwater College - This service will operate as normal

21 Rooksbridge - Bridgwater College - This journey to and from Bridgwater College will operate

21/21A Burnham - Bridgwater – Taunton - No Service

22/22A Taunton - Rockwell Green/Toneale - No Service

25 Wiveliscombe - Dulverton section - No Service

28 Minehead - Taunton - No Service

29 Wells - Taunton - No Service

30 Taunton - Ilminster - Chard - Axminster - No Service

51 Abbey Manor Park - Yeovil - Cavalier Way - No Service

54 Taunton - Langport - Somerton- Yeovil - No Service

55 Curry Rivel - Strode College - No Service

58/58A Yeovil - Henstridge - Wincanton - No Service

75 Bridgwater – Wells - Only am and pm journeys to/from Wells to Bridgwater College will operate

77 Yeovil – Wells No service

99 Taunton – Chard - No service

623 Rockwell Green - Wellington - Bridgwater College - This service will operate as normal

625 Taunton - Cannington College - This service will operate as normal

B1 Penlea Estate - Bridgwater - Sydenham Estate - No service

PR1 Taunton Park & Ride - Service will operate but on a reduced 30 minute frequency

X10 Yeovil - Sherborne - Stalbridge – Blandford - All school and College journeys plus some daytime journeys will operate

Exmoor Coaster Bus Service – No service

For Further information on route disruptions by the operator, please use this link: News and service updates | Somerset | First Bus

Last edited by a moderator:

Fin_22

When the President open tops are withdrawn, will the private plates go onto other open tops?

Last edited by a moderator: