• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Whiteway215

Established Member
More changes from 1st September

Bath 1: Increasing back to every 10 mins
Bath 3: Foxhill - Bathford (Every 20 mins)
Bath 3A: Weston - Batheaston (Every 20 mins)
Bath 4: Reduced to every 20 mins
Bath 5: Increasing back to every 10 mins
Bath 6/6A/7: Change of Bay in Bus Station and withdrawal of Sunday service
Bath 9: Change of Bay in Bus Station
Bath 42: Retimed, 1 less evening trip
37/37A: First bus is now an hour later at around 7am but the last bus is also an hour later at 7pm (It also looks like a few trips might be run from Bristol)
39/X39: Minor changes
126: Minor changes to School/College services
172/173/174: Timetable change but as normal traveline have missed most 172 trips out!
178: Most trips run later by up to 10 mins
179: Can't see any changes at the moment
349: Two trips around lunch time will be run by First and the 7pm departure by First is withdrawn.
376: Minor changes, mainly a bit of extra time added in.
Brislington & Portway: Daytime Off Peak frequency reduce from every 15 mins to every 20 mins.
D1: Minor changes
D2/D2A: Half the trips renumbered to D2A to distinguish route in Frome.
D3: Minor changes
X31: Minor changes
Thank you for this most helpful summary
You can see the logic of accumulating the older deckers - short term draftees for the additional Bath uni services and the Bristol Q busters. How short term will they be.... thought that with 30871/7 and they're still out and about. In fact, I was expecting all the W regs (save the open toppers) and the Tridents to be very short lived so when one of each received Coaster livery, that was a bit of surprise. Have to say that when I spied 30945 in LH, I was pleasantly surprised how decent it looked, though simple cosmetics doesn't mean it's not a shed!

The consensus of rumours on 33488-90 is they're staying at LH, though for what route? The X5 releases 4 vehicles but which ones? Like you, I'd think the two Eclipses naturally but will the two plain e400s join the 91/92 HE ones to replace the 376 Streetdecks?

Agree about the Darts and the Streetlites, and wonder if the Bath e200s could end up moving to Lawrence Hill?
Collecting all these waifs and strays of deckers from all over the empire makes me wonder if 30875 and 32015 may yet return from the dead.
Whatever else leaves Bath I am doubtful if the exodus would include 44520-6 as I imagine they would be needed for the 1. I believe their engines were upgraded to Euro 6 through a local authority grant

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

-Colly405-

Looking at the new m1 timetable, there are some interesting changes:
+ve
- A combination of the full journeys, the new Aztec shorts and the T1 means there is now a bus southbound on the m1/T1 through Bradley Stoke roughly every 5 minutes in the morning rush hour.
- Sunday morning services now start 2 hours earlier, leaving each end at 7am, not 9am.
-ve
- Monday-Friday 10am-2pm frequency reduced to every 12 minutes.
- Evening service now every 20 minutes every day.

Private Baxter

Established Member
It looks like the 37/178 will interwork and run from Bristol. 37A looks like it will work with something else. With a pvr of 6
Route 37 returning to Bristol.... MH ran ot for a few years when it was still the 332 but later returned to Bath. But a 37/178 could work I suppose. That could mean 54 reg B7RLEs moving, though at this stage anything could happen

ValleyLines142

Established Member
What is the current PVR of the 19/19A/37?

Also, update from my Bath friends.

- 35167 is currently at Bath depot for an MOT inspection.
- The green 6/7 branded B7 that crashed in Old Market into that building a few weeks ago (32090) will apparently never see service again and so the engine is being put into 32015, who's engine went bang a few weeks back.
- 32338 is having a new windscreen fitted
- 32285 reversed into a pole at Bath bus station this afternoon
- Re 3/3A/4, 3A will run Elmhurst to Weston and will interwork with the 4 which will run as normal from Weston to Odd Down via R.U.H and city centre. Both services to be fully decker operated.
- 19 will be withdrawn and will only run between Bath and Kingswood. Lawrence Hill to run separate route from Kingswood to Cribbs Causeway. Likely to cause issues if one segment of the route is late.

Lights on the corner of Dorchester Street and Southgate were being examined this afternoon. Absolute carnage right from Grand Parade down Manvers Street to station and Dorchester Street. Took my friend almost an hour to turn her bus around the loop by the bus station. Oddities include an Enviro 200 on the 37 and inspectors controlling traffic in and out of the bus station.

freetoview33

Established Member

- The green 6/7 branded B7 that crashed in Old Market into that building a few weeks ago (32090) will apparently never see service again and so the engine is being put into 32015, who's engine went bang a few weeks back.
- Re 3/3A/4, 3A will run Elmhurst to Weston and will interwork with the 4 which will run as normal from Weston to Odd Down via R.U.H and city centre. Both services to be fully decker operated.
- 19 will be withdrawn and will only run between Bath and Kingswood. Lawrence Hill to run separate route from Kingswood to Cribbs Causeway. Likely to cause issues if one segment of the route is late.

Lights on the corner of Dorchester Street and Southgate were being examined this afternoon. Absolute carnage right from Grand Parade down Manvers Street to station and Dorchester Street. Took my friend almost an hour to turn her bus around the loop by the bus station. Oddities include an Enviro 200 on the 37 and inspectors controlling traffic in and out of the bus station.
Well there is a new timetable for the 19/19A on traveline, still showing them as a through route ....

Whiteway215

Established Member

- The green 6/7 branded B7 that crashed in Old Market into that building a few weeks ago (32090) will apparently never see service again and so the engine is being put into 32015, who's engine went bang a few weeks back..
Well that's told me about 32015 I mentioned earlier this evening! Thank you for that.
It also explains why the damaged 32090 was parked in Westom Island on July 9th.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Bath need the space for all these extra U3 services!

Very true

Route 37 returning to Bristol.... MH ran ot for a few years when it was still the 332 but later returned to Bath. But a 37/178 could work I suppose. That could mean 54 reg B7RLEs moving, though at this stage anything could happen

Did they run it for about 18 months after they lost the 349 workings that were then incorporated into the 338? Seem to recall they used B10BLEs on it. Mind you, I remember when Bath and Bristol shared the X39 in the early 1990s!

Ah okay, I always thought it would end up getting split. Would that apply to the 19A too?

I expect it probably would and not before time. If you travel on it, most of the passengers do seem to change at Kingswood (though not all admittedly).

spw24

32090 is actually purple 3 & 4 livery though when I saw it last week it was in a bad way with the front wheel pushed back causing the front to be raised.

freetoview33

Established Member
Ah okay, I always thought it would end up getting split. Would that apply to the 19A too?
I'm guessing it might be something like this:

18) Cribbs Causeway - Kingswood (Half hourly) - Keynsham (Hourly) (Like the old 318)
19) Kingswood - Kelston - Bath (Hourly)
38) Keynsham - Bath (Hourly) like well the old 38 before it got extended into Bristol.

swifty

Established Member

18) Cribbs Causeway - Kingswood (Half hourly) - Keynsham (Hourly) (Like the old 318)
38) Keynsham - Bath (Hourly) like well the old 38 before it got extended into Bristol.

Hmm maybe they could renunmber them to say 318, 319 and 337?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

I'd be expecting a consistent Cribbs to Kingswood half hourly service, an hourly Bath to Kingwood via Kelston, and an hourly Bath to Kingswood via Keynsham service

Private Baxter

Established Member
Very true

Did they run it for about 18 months after they lost the 349 workings that were then incorporated into the 338? Seem to recall they used B10BLEs on it. Mind you, I remember when Bath and Bristol shared the X39 in the early 1990s!

I expect it probably would and not before time. If you travel on it, most of the passengers do seem to change at Kingswood (though not all admittedly).
I think it was something like that. It was late 2012 when the 337 and 349 combined to become the 338, run by Bath depot, meaning the 332 transferred to Bristol. It returned to Bath mid 2014 when the service was renumbered 37.

As for the 19, believe it or not I was actually once A fairly regular traveller of the full route (ok almost the full route), often travelling between Stoke Gifford and Bath.

Private Baxter

Established Member

I did predict for 2019 that the 19A would be renumbered 18, though not quite like this!

D2007wsm

Established Member
Y
The consensus of rumours on 33488-90 is they're staying at LH, though for what route? The X5 releases 4 vehicles but which ones? Like you, I'd think the two Eclipses naturally but will the two plain e400s join the 91/92 HE ones to replace the 376 Streetdecks
33488-90 should be repainted and branded for the 2.

It should be 2 12 plate E400s leaving Weston to go to Wells for the 376. Possibly the Urban example and 1 Excel example. Though it would be prudent to send 33666 and 33667 as that would ensure Weston have 2 Urban liveried deckers to cover Excel, Coaster and Badgerline work.

The last of the Barbie Darts in Weston are due to be going in for repaint as is the last Urban Gemini. So Weston will soon be again Barbie free.

It looks like the 37/178 will interwork and run from Bristol. 37A looks like it will work with something else. With a pvr of 6
From September the 37 will indeed be operated by Marlborough Street and will indeed be interworked with the 178. At the moment the 178 is Streetlite operated due to fuel efficiency, so may be a home for a few more Marlborough Street should also be operating the 35.

The 37A Oldfield School service will continue to be operated by Bath.

freetoview33

Established Member
I'd be expecting a consistent Cribbs to Kingswood half hourly service, an hourly Bath to Kingwood via Kelston, and an hourly Bath to Kingswood via Keynsham service

From September the 37 will indeed be operated by Marlborough Street and will indeed be interworked with the 178. At the moment the 178 is Streetlite operated due to fuel efficiency, so may be a home for a few more Marlborough Street should also be operating the 35.

Thank you for the confirmation.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

It should be 2 12 plate E400s leaving Weston to go to Wells for the 376. Possibly the Urban example and 1 Excel example. Though it would be prudent to send 33666 and 33667 as that would ensure Weston have 2 Urban liveried deckers to cover Excel, Coaster and Badgerline work.

The last of the Barbie Darts in Weston are due to be going in for repaint as is the last Urban Gemini. So Weston will soon be again Barbie free.

Steve White records the painting of 32357 and 42902 into Badgerline with 3 left to do.

Steve also mentions 28 mid life deckers due for Bath 3/4 and the 24

Private Baxter

Established Member

Ooh, so streetlites on the 37 perhaps? Or maybe some of the B7RLEs will once again go back to to MH, and work 178. I suspect that to me more likely

Apparently 10 of Bolton’s B9/Gemini’s are moving to Bristol this evening, straight after finishing their days work! Departure expected at about 10pm according to a private Facebook group

carlberry

Established Member
Apparently 10 of Bolton’s B9/Gemini’s are moving to Bristol this evening, straight after finishing their days work! Departure expected at about 10pm according to a private Facebook group
Balloon shuttles!! (If they arrive in time given the usual queues on the M5).