• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
All the timetables that have eventually found their way onto BoS website are for the period 8th May until 16th June. Interesting to see what happens then.

There has been speculation that South West Coaches are taking over the Chard to Yeovil section of Stagecoach 99.

I wonder if the changes are minor tweaks? Reported elsewhere that another two Solos are headed for Taunton from Mids

Where's the 99 speculation coming from?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I thought FSW told us that nothing would be heading to BoS from WoE. I hope that 66720 is covering a breakdown or something similar.

It could be down at Taunton for maintenance/MOT; has happened in the past.

62238/42 have made their way from FWoE to BoS but I wonder if FSW Official was perhaps indicating that there was no direct transfer of vehicles (e.g. from Wells to Taunton next Saturday).

That said, things can always change and for a myriad of reasons.

THarris123

Established Member
2 additional Solos are due into Taunton from Worcester.

John

Interesting they're getting solos. Wonder why? They would suit 55 and 77 for the demand :)

I assume the solos will go to Bildgwater? Maybe for 1/14/X14?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Steve White updated his website - 47566 has gone LH to MH and 32687 has gone MH to LH. Does that mean that LH have no more Streetlites?

DS85

The X2/3 is suppose to become a decker service in August and some journeys will run of a X1 board wonder where 47551-8 will end up. I guess the 12 plate E400s coming from Cornwall will go to Weston then.

CD

Interesting they're getting solos. Wonder why? They would suit 55 and 77 for the demand :)

I assume the solos will go to Bildgwater? Maybe for 1/14/X14?
Steve White updated his website - 47566 has gone LH to MH and 32687 has gone MH to LH. Does that mean that LH have no more Streetlites?

Already arrived are 53118-120 from Stoke, 53045/46 coming from Worcester.

The new 9 Parade to Musgrove Park Hospital has a PVR of 2 which I expect to be Solos. The other 3 could stay on Taunton town services (as 53118/120 are at present) until 43821-23 re-enter service. As you say the 1 and 14/X14 in Bridgwater are likely locations for them as well.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
The X2/3 is suppose to become a decker service in August and some journeys will run of a X1 board wonder where 47551-8 will end up. I guess the 12 plate E400s coming from Cornwall will go to Weston then.

I don't know if delivery dates for Cornwall's new fleet have been shared yet and I had wondered if the 2012 e400s currently on the U1/2 would stay or be sent elsewhere - again TBC.

Certainly, the X2/X3 wasn't Streetlite territory this morning. Passed three of the eight boards - 44909, 44913 and a very heavily loaded 44907 all heading to Bristol
Already arrived are 53118-120 from Stoke, 53045/46 coming from Worcester.

The new 9 Parade to Musgrove Park Hospital has a PVR of 2 which I expect to be Solos. The other 3 could stay on Taunton town services (as 53118/120 are at present) until 43821-23 re-enter service. As you say the 1 and 14/X14 in Bridgwater are likely locations for them as well.

The enhanced 14 and one of the 1 boards are off peak only so built around schools so they may be deckers anyway.

By this time next week, we'll know what's working on what
SWC driver.

Subject to the usual caveats ;)

If Stagecoach were to pull out of the southern part, you begin to wonder if there's much of a future for their Somerset ops

swifty

Established Member
I don't know if delivery dates for Cornwall's new fleet have been shared yet and I had wondered if the 2012 e400s currently on the U1/2 would stay or be sent elsewhere - again TBC.

Certainly, the X2/X3 wasn't Streetlite territory this morning. Passed three of the eight boards - 44909, 44913 and a very heavily loaded 44907 all heading to Bristol

Ah wondered what a short E200 was doing on the Ashton flyover this morning!

Im fairly sure I've seen somewhere that it was mentioned the E400 were promised to WoE once the new fleet arrives around October (?).

Last edited:

CD

The enhanced 14 and one of the 1 boards are off peak only so built around schools so they may be deckers anyway.

By this time next week, we'll know what's working on what

Subject to the usual caveats ;)
As only 2 of the Solos and neither of the ex Bath B10s are in service yet nor the 3 converted MPDs, it could take a while for things to settle down.

Regarding the 99, I did say "speculation" in the original post.

FSW Official

I thought FSW told us that nothing would be heading to BoS from WoE. I hope that 66720 is covering a breakdown or something similar.

There were no transfers related to the route transfers. Since then 2 B10BLEs became generally surplus. We have a temporary school contract so one will drop onto that. The other will replace a Trident to transfer to Cornwall.
The PVR is temporarily high and the three MPDs are awaiting certification. The solos are in part temporary cover therefore as are the WoE Primo and E300.

THarris123

Established Member
There were no transfers related to the route transfers. Since then 2 B10BLEs became generally surplus. We have a temporary school contract so one will drop onto that. The other will replace a Trident to transfer to Cornwall.
The PVR is temporarily high and the three MPDs are awaiting certification. The solos are in part temporary cover therefore as are the WoE Primo and E300.

Well done for getting a school contract - is that the 69 I saw the other day which 68555 was going out of Taunton on?

Is the E300 67600?

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Maybe next stop is Potteries after Taunton? Or maybe the E200s heading to Potteries will displace other E300s to Taunton or WoE?

Quite possibly!

Does the X2/X3 need deckers though? I know some of the peak services to/from Bristol are a bit chaotic but surely not all the time?

Has anyone seen 47551-47558 on any other routes other than the X2/X3? Perhaps the 7, X6, 6 or even the X5?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Maybe next stop is Potteries after Taunton? Or maybe the E200s heading to Potteries will displace other E300s to Taunton or WoE?

FSW Official said it was temporary cover. Think other talk is a bit speculative to put it mildly
Quite possibly!

Does the X2/X3 need deckers though? I know some of the peak services to/from Bristol are a bit chaotic but surely not all the time?

Has anyone seen 47551-47558 on any other routes other than the X2/X3? Perhaps the 7, X6, 6 or even the X5?

Confess I've not seen anything worthy of a decker. Even the e200 I saw today at 0945 (so perhaps one of the busiest with pass holders) wasn't full. Perhaps deckers only to facilitate interworking but seems overkill?

matt_splat

i beleve the wells b7s that are spare will head to weston and darts to wells / bath the b7 move is tempoary maybe something bigger for the x2/3?

DS85

Quite possibly!

On peak yes but in the day no I guess its so they can remove the extra journeys in the morning and put it back to an hourly service in the evenings and on Sunday which use to struggle with capacity. It makes sense to have less buses running dead to and from Weston

And no a lot of them haven't even made It onto the road recently but one of the darts did end up on the X5!

Last edited:

1905 Group

Anybody know what 57000 was doing descending into Wells from Bristol direction on A39? Saw it about 10 minutes ago.

swifty

Established Member
Heading to BoS on loan as temp cover along with the E300 from Weston and a few others.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Heading to BoS on loan as temp cover along with the E300 from Weston and a few others.
57000 has normally been employed on the 10 in Bath. If it can be spared for loan to BOS could it be that it is surplus and that some 'bigger' buses are heading to Bath for the 10 as was promised as part of the 24 April changes?

henairs

Hi,
57000 at Taunton this afternoon being tested with new route 9 Musgrove HSP destination which commences this Monday 9th May.
Anyone visiting Taunton for the annual Bus Rally tomorrow may well see it at the Depot which is open to the public for the day.
66339 has moved down here from Bridgwater.
Also reported on FHD website that two 53 class Solos due at Taunton from Worcester very soon.
Cheers Mike R

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I see they are also operating the Stagecoach 96 Somerset College to Merriott via Chard and Crewkerne.

Probably one for the SSW thread than this but anyhow... :) Interesting news about them surrendering that to SWC (or is it a new tender) but where does that leave the Stagecoach Somerset operation? Work for 3 buses between Chard and Taunton and not much else?

83G/84D

Established Member
Hi,
57000 at Taunton this afternoon being tested with new route 9 Musgrove HSP destination which commences this Monday 9th May.
Anyone visiting Taunton for the annual Bus Rally tomorrow may well see it at the Depot which is open to the public for the day.
66339 has moved down here from Bridgwater.
Also reported on FHD website that two 53 class Solos due at Taunton from Worcester very soon.
Cheers Mike R

Depending on who you talked to yesterday at the bus depot the MPD Dart's are or are not being returned to service. 67600 which was seen on the depot is here on trial apparently? Does anyone know the identity of the single deck bus inside the depot with a damaged windscreen?

Olympian 34138 was glimpsed inside and the Olympian at the bus station compound was reported to be 34051. Dart 42522 was towed away before 9am.

54602 also here apparently stored with parts missing.

Last edited: