• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CD

I haven't found any others that do yet.

Talking of the Streetdecks I saw 35167 slowly trudging through Farrington yesterday evening with an engineer driving it out of service with a van behind. It explains why I saw a B7 on 376 at Green Ore. Its great to see reliable kit around.

35167 on 376 today but also was 69458.

CD

In response to your comments on the FHD board....

I think Simon has merely listed the routes that SWC had won. They may have different numbers but I somehow doubt it's the Dorset odyssey you describe.

44 and 71 were routes under review as were the 74, 210-2, 307 and 311 so may be a case of seeing what the pennies are like after the awards to see what else can be negotiated. Be interesting to see if First/BoS do pick up anything more but good to see Bridport get some additional work.

The 187 looks like it disappears into the 12. Interesting as that route corridor was always W&D with variations from Salisbury and Poole.

The X11 west of SN is now covered by BoS 59.

Wonder if the retention of the W reg B7TLs at Bridport might have been in the hope of the school wins?

The biggest loss to GSC is all the school contracts, you only have to look at the coaches allocated to Dorchester, Pimperne and Henstridge to see the extent. There will be no work at all for Henstridge depot so SWC will be hoping to recruit many of their drivers. Bad news for many people employed by Damory.

BoS 59 only runs from Yeovil to Marnhull not Sturminster Newton.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The biggest loss to GSC is all the school contracts, you only have to look at the coaches allocated to Dorchester, Pimperne and Henstridge to see the extent. There will be no work at all for Henstridge depot so SWC will be hoping to recruit many of their drivers. Bad news for many people employed by Damory.

BoS 59 only runs from Yeovil to Marnhull not Sturminster Newton.

Yes, you're right about the 59 but you know what I mean :D The main bit West of SN from Marnhull to Yeovil is covered by the 59.

I had thought that Henstridge would be massively impacted by this given the loss of the service and schools work at Sturminster Newton.

Assume Dorchester will be similarly challenged. Might have to head down to Dorset soon before it all goes ;)

Last edited:

THarris123

Established Member
Yes, you're right about the 59 but you know what I mean :D The main bit West of SN from Marnhull to Yeovil is covered by the 59.

I had thought that Henstridge would be massively impacted by this given the loss of the service and schools work at Sturminster Newton.

Assume Dorchester will be similarly challenged. Might have to head down to Dorset soon before it all goes ;)

It would be nice to have a First service again operating Yeovil to Weymouth (i.e. via Dorchester or Bridport). Wonder if we'll see something like that happen.

Marcus Fryer

Expect the legal lettering to be changed again on the buses from First Somerset and Avon Limited to First West of England Limited. Email signatures had to be changed today to First WoE, so roll out across the vehicles should happen soon enough.

Is 1 June the official date for the change? I haven't noticed any legal lettering changes yet. Presumably the route licences have to be changed at VOSA from the same date?

swifty

Established Member
Some interesting workings due to the chaos in Bristol tonight, green 47436 on a 36 to Brislington, 37020 on the 75 to Filton Royal Mail and the 72s heading via Broad Quay to make up time!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Some interesting workings due to the chaos in Bristol tonight, green 47436 on a 36 to Brislington, 37020 on the 75 to Filton Royal Mail and the 72s heading via Broad Quay to make up time!

Interesting workings there! However, isn't going via BQ longer for the 72s?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but what has happened in Bristol?

D2007wsm

Established Member
Either the 1715 or 1800 Severn Express, operated with one of the 70/71 branded Streetdecks last night. I saw it depart the Bus Station, but for the life of me can't remember what time it was

swifty

Established Member
Interesting workings there! However, isn't going via BQ longer for the 72s?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but what has happened in Bristol?

St Mary Redcliffe and loop across the centre would be far quicker than heading round through Bond Street.

Nothing really, it just rained and I'm sure you'll know most of Bristol seems to grind to a halt in a downpour!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
St Mary Redcliffe and loop across the centre would be far quicker than heading round through Bond Street.

Nothing really, it just rained and I'm sure you'll know most of Bristol seems to grind to a halt in a downpour!

For the 72 I can relate to that, as it goes up Park Street, but as a result it missed the shopping area (i.e. Cabot/Broadmead).

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
just tried to look at that on my phone. the table is un-readable and gets stuck under the journey planner frame!!

UWE Broadmead - UWE Frenchay Campus
First Cancellation of service from 3rd June 2017
90 Broadmead - Bedminster - Knowle - Filwood Park - Inns Court Wessex
New service starting on the 12th June 2017.
90 Broadmead - Bedminster - Knowle - Filwood Park - Inns Court - Hengrove Park
First Timetable change
One Broadmead - Whiteladies Road - Westbury-on-Trym
Wessex Cancellation of service from the 9th July 2017
8 Temple meads - Centre - Clifton - Centre - Temple Meads
First Timetable change
75 Hegrove Depot/Park - Centre - Southmead - Cribbs Causeway
First Timetable change
76 Hegrove Depot/Park - Bedminster - Centre - Southmead - Cribbs Causeway
First Timetable change
16 Centre - Tyndalls Park - UoB Stoke Bishop
Wessex Cancellation of service from 1st August 2017

Nothing of much consequence

ooo

just tried to look at that on my phone. the table is un-readable and gets stuck under the journey planner frame!!
Search:

Date of changeService NumberRoute DescriptionOperatorDescription of change

3rd June 2017UWEBroadmead - UWE Frenchay CampusFirstCancellation of service from 3rd June 2017

12th June 2017 90 Broadmead - Bedminster - Knowle - Filwood Park - Inns CourtWessexNew service starting on the 12th June 2017.*

19th June 2017 90Broadmead - Bedminster - Knowle - Filwood Park - Inns Court - Hengrove ParkFirstTimetable change

9th July 2017 One Broadmead - Whiteladies Road - Westbury-on-TrymWessexCancellation of service from the 9th July 2017

23rd July 2017 8Temple meads - Centre - Clifton - Centre - Temple MeadsFirstTimetable change

23rd July 2017 75Hegrove Depot/Park - Centre - Southmead - Cribbs CausewayFirstTimetable change

23rd July 2017 76Hegrove Depot/Park - Bedminster - Centre - Southmead - Cribbs CausewayFirstTimetable change

1st Aug 2017 16 Centre - Tyndalls Park - UoB Stoke BishopWessexCancellation of service from 1st August

I've tried to copy and paste the table

THarris123

Established Member
UWE Broadmead - UWE Frenchay Campus
First Cancellation of service from 3rd June 2017
90 Broadmead - Bedminster - Knowle - Filwood Park - Inns Court Wessex
New service starting on the 12th June 2017.
90 Broadmead - Bedminster - Knowle - Filwood Park - Inns Court - Hengrove Park
First Timetable change
One Broadmead - Whiteladies Road - Westbury-on-Trym
Wessex Cancellation of service from the 9th July 2017
8 Temple meads - Centre - Clifton - Centre - Temple Meads
First Timetable change
75 Hegrove Depot/Park - Centre - Southmead - Cribbs Causeway
First Timetable change
76 Hegrove Depot/Park - Bedminster - Centre - Southmead - Cribbs Causeway
First Timetable change
16 Centre - Tyndalls Park - UoB Stoke Bishop
Wessex Cancellation of service from 1st August 2017

Nothing of much consequence

I wonder what the changes are to 8, 75 and 76?

swifty

Established Member

I noticed this morning a bus shelter has gone in outside The Hippodrome and that the barriers were being taken away. Presumably they'll be some alterations going through to allow services to use this stop again soon?

Colly405

Traveline shows the 76 moving to depart from stop B at Cribbs, with the 75.
Also, southbound, it has no sign of the Prince Street stop, has no stop on the Centre still, but shows the 75 and 76 stopping at HF on {I think} Sundays...?! But that may all be a mistake that will be updated on Traveline in due course, perhaps even today.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Traveline shows the 76 moving to depart from stop B at Cribbs, with the 75.
Also, southbound, it has no sign of the Prince Street stop, has no stop on the Centre still, but shows the 75 and 76 stopping at HF on {I think} Sundays...?! But that may all be a mistake that will be updated on Traveline in due course, perhaps even today.

Does make sense as they are both part of the same group. However for the people of Henbury the 3, 4 and 76 all served the same stop so that will probably be a bit of a bummer for them. Also not much time for layovers as they run every 5 minutes combined.

Colly405

Does make sense as they are both part of the same group. However for the people of Henbury the 3, 4 and 76 all served the same stop so that will probably be a bit of a bummer for them. Also not much time for layovers as they run every 5 minutes combined.
Arriving 75s often layover in stop A already. Well, it only has 2 buses each hour, and the 75 drivers don't seem to worry about the inconvenience to passengers for the 82 (and it's drivers?)...