• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West Yorkshire & York discussion

Andyh82

Established Member
I would have thought the reason why the 268 doesn’t use the guideway is because it would only serve two stops in one direction only, so wasn’t worth the investment.

Some of this stuff does sound like enthusiast assumptions. I seriously doubt the major changes to the X6 were done only because they’d ordered the wrong buses as being true either..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I would have thought the reason why the 268 doesn’t use the guideway is because it would only serve two stops in one direction only, so wasn’t worth the investment.

Some of this stuff does sound like enthusiast assumptions. I seriously doubt the major changes to the X6 were done only because they’d ordered the wrong buses as being true either..
They didn't order the wrong vehicles, they wanted to focus on investing in the Leeds - Bradford end by increasing the frequency and putting new buses on it, more so than the Huddersfield end; hence they only got repaints.

Andyh82

Established Member
They didn't order the wrong vehicles, they wanted to focus on investing in the Leeds - Bradford end by increasing the frequency and putting new buses on it, more so than the Huddersfield end; hence they only got repaints.
Which is exactly what I said and contradicts what you said before!

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
I was told by a mate that FWY have wheeled out another heritage livery, this time Rider York. I don't think it'll be too long until Calderline, Huddersfield Kingfisher, Bradford Traveller, Leeds Citylink and Quickstep liveries are rolled out on an Eclipse or a Gemini.

Not my photo.

42552557180_17aa8b71de_b.jpg

This weekend sees some changes across West Yorkshire including a new service - the 62 Leeds to East End Park via Richmond Hill which appears to be worked by a single vehicle all day from 7am 'til 7pm.

Andyh82

Established Member
It isn't that era, (as shown in the photo), its the York equivalent of the Yorkshire Rider era matching the Gemini already done rather than the post 1996 era.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Though the Huddersfield "Kingfisher" Livery was just an amended version of the last Yorkshire Rider colours (from the era when the word "Yorkshire" was removed). It looked like a group of hyperactive six-year-olds had been let loose, so I hope we don't see that monstrosity on the streets again!
Link to the abomination below (not my image):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewburton28/24461688379

Last edited:

Andyh82

Established Member
I found the Bradford Traveller livery very nice to be fair
mjT9d7

https://flic.kr/p/mjT9d7

They won’t be doing any of these liveries by the way, no more likely than it was last week.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Could someone please tell whoever does the destination labels at Huddersfield depot that there's no such place as "Moorhill"? Not in Huddersfield anyway.

I know I'm being pedantic, but it really irritates me to see that on the front of a 370. The destination is "Moor Hill Road" (note the space), and is on the boundary of Salendine Nook and Lindley.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Aren't the destination blinds done in Leeds since that's where the Customer Services are based?

Andyh82

Established Member
Why would customer services be programming destination blinds? :s

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Why would customer services be programming destination blinds? :s

Customer services wouldn't be programming them - Leeds (more importantly Hunslet) is where customer services are based, its also the main depot for First West Yorkshire. Therefore its likey that what is decided at FWY HQ on Donisthorpe Street not only affects First Leeds (both Hunslet and Bramley) but also Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Is First renumbering everything in Leeds?

PB0000815/355 Registered
FIRST WEST YORKSHIRE LTD
Route: Leeds City Bus Station to Otley Bus Station via Ilkley, Guiseley
Service number: 33 (34)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 28 Oct 2018
"33 service unchaged
33A renumbered 34"

Does this mean that the new 34 will extend to Otley or will it mean its going via a slighly different route?

Deerfold

Veteran Member

PB0000815/355 Registered
FIRST WEST YORKSHIRE LTD
"33 service unchaged
33A renumbered 34"

Does this mean that the new 34 will extend to Otley or will it mean its going via a slighly different route?

I suspect it'll be as the 33A is now, with the 34 extending to Otley evenings only.

They're also splitting the 670 with the Leeds end (as far as Greengates) becoming the 35.

Kieran1990

I suspect it'll be as the 33A is now, with the 34 extending to Otley evenings only.

They're also splitting the 670 with the Leeds end (as far as Greengates) becoming the 35.

Doesn’t the 33A always run through to Otley? The 33 only extends on evenings and Sundays.

Could the 670 split and the re-numbering be linked to the incoming Street Decks?

Kieran1990

Yes, I was the wrong way round. Shame the 33 no longe goes to Ilkely - it'd be a very useful route for me nowadays.

I’d agree to! Be nice to have an alternative to X84.

Any other route shake ups rumoured for the October change? Or just the 33/33A(34)& 670(35) at present?

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
I’d agree to! Be nice to have an alternative to X84.

Any other route shake ups rumoured for the October change? Or just the 33/33A(34)& 670(35) at present?

Just be the 33, 33A, 670 shakeup at the moment by the looks of it.

Eventually First Leeds will get around to shaking up the other routes as time goes on including the 19/19A which one of them could do with being rerouted to run via Temple Newsam since the 10 hasn't run this year and I don't think it'll run next year either.

There is the new X26 / X27 that's running from Infirmary Street to Thorpe Park which has been mentioned earlier in the thread.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Earlier I saw 37090 pass through Brighouse on the X63 towards Bradford and the destination blind was "shadowing" the X63 behind the X63 whilst also flickering.

---

The X26/ X27 timetables are now up on the Thorpe Park website and to my suprise its First's own design and it also comes complete with a route map too. Lets hope that the other Leeds City routes get the same treatment.

http://www.thorpepark-parklife.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/X26_X27-Timetable-Full.pdf

SCH117X

Established Member
The X26/ X27 timetables are now up on the Thorpe Park website and to my suprise its First's own design and it also comes complete with a route map too. Lets hope that the other Leeds City routes get the same treatment.
http://www.thorpepark-parklife.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/X26_X27-Timetable-Full.pdf
A bit clunky having the Leeds City and First Leeds branding - makes it look like two different operators, would be better to have Leeds City branding {text} from (or by) {/text} First logo

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
A bit clunky having the Leeds City and First Leeds branding - makes it look like two different operators, would be better to have Leeds City branding {text} from (or by) {/text} First logo

I'd imagine that once the printed versions are available they'll more than likley use the Leeds City brand but with the First Leeds brand religated to the rear of the leaflet, either that or it'll look similar to the dual branded First Bath service 5 timetable which has Bath City branding on it.

mm333

PB0000815/355 Registered
FIRST WEST YORKSHIRE LTD
"33 service unchaged
33A renumbered 34"

Metro are saying "Service 33A will be renumbered 34 and a revised evening timetable will be introduced to improve punctuality."

So Horsforth will have 2 routes numbered 34 - this one and the Yorkshire Tiger Trinity Uni shuttle

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Its not looking good for the various First Bradford services either with some of them being cut to run once every 30 minutes.

The 64 in Leeds is going to be a very interesting service to watch as Connextions take over the Monday to Saturday daytime service with First Leeds retaining the others, this may explain why the Monday to Saturday service 38 has been reduced to nothing more than a Sunday only service.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
According to Metros service changes www.wymetro.com/plan-a-journey/travel-news/service-changes/
38 (Connexionsbuses) and 39 (Squarepeg): Monday-Saturday journeys on service 38 are withdrawn and partly replaced by service 39, which has a revised timetable
If I was transport minister, I'd ban such stupid names for bus companies! :rolleyes:

Hopefully these First cuts won't see Yorkshire Tiger (named because they're getting rarer and rarer in their natural habitat (HD8), perhaps?) trying to fill the void by spreading themselves too thinly...

Andyh82

Established Member
If I was transport minister, I'd ban such stupid names for bus companies! :rolleyes:

Hopefully these First cuts won't see Yorkshire Tiger (named because they're getting rarer and rarer in their natural habitat (HD8), perhaps?) trying to fill the void by spreading themselves too thinly...

Clearing up a few points

Connections said the 38 was no longer viable since Squarepeg started the very similar 39. Now they are withdrawing it, Squarepeg are changing the 39 to run to the old 38 timetable rather than it just being run between schools

The 64 is apparently being run by Connexions on behalf of First

Nothing is actually being withdrawn in Bradford so there are no gaps to fill. Some services are seeing a reduced frequency though.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
The First Travel Shop (near the Corn Exchange) in Leeds has shut down, no idea when that closed but it must have been recent.