• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West Yorkshire & York discussion

stevieinselby

So, any news when the 10s will be diverted so that Kites can go on the route?
Is that because the Kites are too tall for the bridge over Leeman Road? If so, is there any plan to remediate the loss of service to the Leeman Road estate? With the loss of the 10, that would leave the only service from York to Leeman Road as being the 59, which only stops at the Railway Museum and so is of little use to the people living around Salisbury Terrace – and some big gaps in the service into town as well (with nothing in the evening or on Sunday).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GoneSouth

Just read this on BBC News. It seems to me First has the branding all wrong as usual. They have some of the strongest First regional branding with the Leeds green, but then completely confuse the issue with New Leeds Electric branding.

New electric buses have taken to the roads in Leeds in a "huge step forward" for the network, transport bosses said.
Fifty-seven battery-powered buses have entered service, with a range of up to 200 miles (322km) between charges.

West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) said it was part of a plan to have a fully zero-emission bus fleet throughout West Yorkshire by 2038.
Road traffic has been identified as a major source of air pollution in Leeds and Bradford.

Each electric bus costs around £350,000 with the whole project requiring £29m of funding, WYCA said.
Money for the switch-over from diesel to electric buses has come from both First Bus and the UK government.
'Another major step'

Andrew Cullen, Managing Director of First Bus in West Yorkshire, said: "Today marks another major step in the First Bus strategy to expand more zero-emission buses into communities in West Yorkshire and the country, as part of our mission to reach a zero-emission UK bus fleet by 2035."
He added: "Having more of these buses on our roads will benefit areas affected by low air quality, as well as helping us to achieve our target of becoming a net-zero carbon region by 2038."

The WYCA aims for buses across all operators to be emissions-free by 2038.

The new buses, which can be charged in two-and-a-half hours, have been manufactured by Wrightbus in Northern Ireland and feature audio-visual next stop technology and USB charging points.

Deputy Chair of WYCA's Transport Committee, Councillor Peter Carlill, said: "Work to electrify the Bramley bus depot is a huge step forward for the combined authority's vision of a green, zero-emission bus system for West Yorkshire."

Double deckers are expected to join the fleet of single-decker buses in the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

noddingdonkey

As noted in the Bee Network thread, Stagecoach's 184 starts on March 24th, reverting to the traditional route. As far as I can see, First WY haven't yet cancelled or varied the registration of the existing 184 or resurrected the 183. Surely they would have had to do that by now?

M60lad

Regarding 184 I'm led to believe the route is actually staying as it is and route learning has begun to route learn Oldham Drivers the current route. Surely if it was to be changed back to running direct to Huddersfield, something on the Huddersfield side would have to replace it. Also, there's no planned changes until 18/19 May now according to Metro's website.

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
11103 was on 7s yesterday I saw. Bendies are still at First York for now.

mic

Regarding 184 I'm led to believe the route is actually staying as it is and route learning has begun to route learn Oldham Drivers the current route. Surely if it was to be changed back to running direct to Huddersfield, something on the Huddersfield side would have to replace it. Also, there's no planned changes until 18/19 May now according to Metro's website.
https://bustimes.org/services/184-oldham-bus-station-bus-station take a look at this then and Oldham have had new drivers since last April changes it these are the time Fisrt Manchester did

Steve440

Don't believe everything you read on Metro's website. If the timetable on bustimes is correct, there is nowhere near enough running time to operate the current route.

Andyh82

Established Member
Read the paragraph below on the page you’ve looked at, that list of dates are the West Yorkshire service change dates but they are allowed to change services at other times

Planned Bus Service Change Dates 2024

• 17/18 February
  • 18/19 May
  • 20/21 July
  • 31 August/1September
  • 26/27 October
  • 7/8 December
Bus operators are able to change their services between service change dates due to commercial or reliability reasons.

DarthStan

Don't believe everything you read on Metro's website. If the timetable on bustimes is correct, there is nowhere near enough running time to operate the current route.
Done route Training this week on new routes for oldham (183,184,402,403,17,17A,18)
184 is staying on route currently operated by Huddersfield depot.

Steve440

Done route Training this week on new routes for oldham (183,184,402,403,17,17A,18)
184 is staying on route currently operated by Huddersfield depot.
Not according to this it isn't:

However I see that the Bee Network timetable has the 184 going straight along Manchester Road, but the Metro timetable when you click on show all stops has it going up past Linthwaite Church as it does now. Confused or what? Do these people talk to each other?

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member

Transdev Keighley have 8 timetable changes on March 17 which Metro seem not to be advertising.

I don't think The Bee Network are particularly bothered about what's running between Marsden, Linthwaite and Huddersfield.

Steve440

Latest development regarding Marsden and Wilberlee services:

Introducing 382 & 383, your new buses from Marsden, Slaithwaite, and Linthwaite to Huddersfield
Routes
From Sunday 24 March we will be making changes to simplify and improve services between Huddersfield & Marsden

Will be operated by Stagecoach Manchester as part of the TfGM Bee Network.
Evening journey’s between Huddersfield and Marsden will become service 383 and operate to Marsden Dirker instead of Marsden Hard End.

382 will be your new service for journeys between Huddersfield, Slaithwaite and Wilberlee.
Buses will run along A62 Manchester Road instead of Linthwaite.
New Sunday trips added.
185 & 186

383 will be your new service for journeys between Huddersfield and Marsden Dirker.
Buses will run through Linthwaite instead of along A62 Manchester Road.
New evening trips added.
Morning journeys on 186 will be removed.

Andyh82

Established Member
That misses out two key bits of info - any route change for the 184, and the frequency of the new 382/383 although I guess it’s still 3ph

It makes sense to renumber the services back into the Huddersfield 300s sequence, although traditionalists would have preferred numbers like 350/352 that they had back in the day

I’m guessing putting 2 and 2 together, the TfGM timetable is correct then, the 184 will run via Hard End (as there is no replacement by First WY) but will run direct via Manchester Road not Linthwaite (as there is a change in this area)

Last edited:

Steve440

That misses out two key bits of info - any route change for the 184, and the frequency of the new 382/383 although I guess it’s still 3ph

It makes sense to renumber the services back into the Huddersfield 300s sequence, although traditionalists would have preferred numbers like 350/352 that they had back in the day

I’m guessing putting 2 and 2 together, the TfGM timetable is correct then, the 184 will run via Hard End (as there is no replacement by First WY) but will run direct via Manchester Road not Linthwaite (as there is a change in this area)
I think you are correct in your assumption, but time will tell!

Deerfold

Veteran Member

They seem to have little concern for passengers.

2 weeks' notice that there will be major changes and even less notice of the little details like when buses will actually run.

noddingdonkey

I think most people who suffer First Huddersfield's unique brand of customer service have known that for some time.

noddingdonkey

There are differences in the customer service skills of depot management. The Huddersfield depot have historically been abysmal at updating the real time services when there are cancellations.