• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fishers tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glasgowbusguy

On Moderation
I have noticed they have a service number 263 dundee to ayr Thursdays only. does this still run as i cant find any info on it apart from bustimes.org?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overthewater

Established Member
That service is only every 2 weeks, the following week should be largs service.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I believe £15, take a £20 note and don't expect much change, that is single.. I would phone the company us, put it this way its not really for paying passengers.

Anytime i've seen a Fishers Tour (albeit this was a few years back) it was mostly pensioners with their passes getting a free day trip.

Glasgowbusguy

On Moderation
Their timetable has a disclaimer that it is a normal fare stage service

Last edited by a moderator:

overthewater

Established Member
Their timetable has a disclaimer that it is a normal fare stage service

Yes, that because of a court case over the treatment of this service. Traffic commierson said there were treating the services like Coach tours etc etc Fisher tours made a number changes included having cheap day returns but you had to PHONE to get them. Its still limited stop and it's like a normal bus service but do not expect cheap fares..

route101

Established Member
The timetable is up at Silverburn bus station. Basically OAP pass special. You would be the youngest on it and possibly the first fare paying punter.

cumbrianbill

I discovered that some of their buses travel down the A9 in walking country. I booked a single from the bus-stop on the A9 at Dalwhinnie to Dalnaspidal Lodge having phoned to reserve a place and confirm a price. Price £3.70 for about 10 or 11 miles. As there was no bus-top or layby at Dalnaspidal where I had parked my car, the driver continued to the next southbound layby on the A9 and I had to walk back to my car. I have emailed to query whether it should be advertised as a southbound stop. They do advertise as "free for concession card holders".

Status
Not open for further replies.