• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Five day Inter-Rail (End of April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoStu

Right, I'm in desperate need of a few days off of work, so I'm thinking of buying a five day Inter-Rail and just heading off on a journey round Europe for a few days, just for the journey.

I just want to sit and relax and watch the world go by - great scenery is a must.

I'd stay in hotels at night, so won't need to worry about sleepers etc,.

Any ideas of routes I could take? will be starting off on Eurostar, so the route will have to start from Paris or Brussels.

Cheers :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Capybara

I find the Thomas Cook map pretty reliable for 'scenic' routes. I did my first IR in 2009 on a five-day ticket as follows and was very satisfied. I too am happy to be travelling all day. I went as follows:

Day 1: Brussels-Koln-Stuttgart via the Rhein valley.
Day 2: Stuttgart-Munchen-Salzburg-Graz.
Day 3: Graz-St Anton (Innsbruck-St Anton is superb)
Day 4: St Anton-Zurich-Basel (quite a short trip)
Day 5: Basel-Strasbourg-Luxembourg-Brussels

You can get a good bit further by doing 'anywhere in Belgium' by Eurostar on the way out and back. Luxembourg-Liege is great, for example, so one or more stopovers in Liege could be quite good at the start and/or finish. I do like the line up from Plattling to (or over) the Czech border (I've done a couple of 10-dayers since) but if it's scenery you are after I'd certainly try and 'do' a good bit of Austria. Hope that helps and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.