• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Flash mob" of musicians on stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Unless the station authorities have given permission, a "flash mob" is an illegal assembly and should be dealt with as such.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
That’s a bit of an extreme view – if you don’t like buskers you’re as bad as the Taliban.

I thought LU/TfL had formalised busking where they apply for permits and there is even some test of whether they have any talent or not.

Please note I said no such thing - I just don't happen to believe that prosecutions are the answer to busking, even the untalented ones. Incidentally, when LT were seriously considering introducing background music at tube stations ('muzak') I vociferously opposed it, certainly at the Victoria/Northern Line stations I was involved with, and I'm happy to say it never happened.

The first regular classical musicians to play 'underground' were a group of music students who had a regular spot at Charing Cross station, in the underpass leading from what old hands like me think of as Strand Station. I believe they used to collect quite a lot of money and were appreciated by far more people than opposed them.

Flying Snail

Established Member
Unless the station authorities have given permission, a "flash mob" is an illegal assembly and should be dealt with as such.

Tasers and Tear Gas?

I think some people really have little to be worrying about if this is something to be demanding official action over.

Status
Not open for further replies.