• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

flint and shotton car parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
(Hope this belongs here, if not mods please move or advise)

Planning to take advantage of the weather and do a NW Day Rover on Monday starting from Flint or Shotton; coming from East Lancs the only way is to drive!

I've used Flint before but arriving for the WAG at 0655 when there's plenty of space in the Car Park. There also seems to be street parking immediately West of the station alongside the railway.
What time do these get full - and what alternatives are there, arriving at (say) 0830? Is (e.g.) Flint Castle CP open continuously?

Same question for Shotton where the station CP is tiny - when does it fill up and what are the alternatives?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
(Hope this belongs here, if not mods please move or advise)

Planning to take advantage of the weather and do a NW Day Rover on Monday starting from Flint or Shotton; coming from East Lancs the only way is to drive!

I've used Flint before but arriving for the WAG at 0655 when there's plenty of space in the Car Park. There also seems to be street parking immediately West of the station alongside the railway.
What time do these get full - and what alternatives are there, arriving at (say) 0830? Is (e.g.) Flint Castle CP open continuously?

Same question for Shotton where the station CP is tiny - when does it fill up and what are the alternatives?

Many thanks in advance

I use Flint quite a bit.
Tends to be full after 9, but usually some street parking to the west.
Harder on market day, which is Friday.

On a really bad day I have circled Flint, failed to find a space and driven on to Hooton (easy run, never been turned away there) with 4tph to Chester or Liverpool.
Can't be bothered with Shotton (fewer trains, roads too congested).
Parking seems a bit easier in the summer, with less business commuting.

There's normally not a queue for tickets at Flint, but there is a ticket machine on the Chester-bound platform if needed.

Veteran Member
Many thanks. As always, someone on this forum knows the answer.

dk1

Veteran Member
slightly off topic but A splendid Wetherspoon now at Shotton Station. Recently visited & most of the passengers alighting from the 17.43 ex-Wrexham Central had the same idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.