• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flitwick to Bristol 27th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisualAcid

I want to use a return portion of a Super off-peak return from Bristol to Flitwick just after Christmas. The GWR journey planner is offering no valid journeys on the 27th from Flitwick to Bristol between 10:30 and 16:30, as the suggested trains are via Leicester and Birmingham.

This latter journey is allowed using a super off-peak single. Is this an engineering timetable problem that will be sorted out does anyone know? GWR on Twitter have been useless.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
There are no trains between Slough and Paddington on 27 & 28 December 2015.

There are various alternatives. There are through trains from Waterloo to Bristol via Basingstoke and Reading, or take a Reading train from Waterloo and change at Reading. Or there are routes from Waterloo via Salisbury. And I think I was offered a route via Marylebone, Oxford & Swindon but can't now replicate that.

More information here:

https://www.gwr.com/travel-updates/planned-engineering/christmas-travel

For Flitwick-St Pancras-Marylebone-Oxford-Bristol try searching for Flitwick to Bristol Parkway with Swindon as a via point.

Also, lots of booking sites are only offering tickets up to and including 24th December: it may be that the GWR site has added train times for the Christmas period but not all of the tickets.

Last edited:

VisualAcid

Oh right cheers. Gwr was giving me three trains via Waterloo then Salisbury and some greyed out ones via Leicester...despite direct trains from Waterloo?!

ooo

Direct trains from Waterloo to Temple Meads appear to be at :24 past each hour.

39d9fe43aeab564dda184d1acef53231.jpg

VisualAcid

Thinking about it via Leicester is quicker so maybe that's why it's showing that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.