• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FNW & FGW Alstom Coradia original DVA

RacsoMoquette

Evening all, I have recently performed in depth research regarding the Alstom PIS amougst other families, I recently came across three YouTube videos which portray Firstgroups Alstom Coradia units either with FNW or FGW filmed in the early to late 2010s. I realized that said units had a universal DVA and script upon introduction.

Interestingly seeing as these are Alstom built units, the original DVA seems free of the all the famous inflection issues that nowadays plague the families PIS systems! Maybe said issues were a result of new DVAs akin to the Vile sounding ATOS Ruth system, I wonder who voiced these original Firstgroup announcements? and are they still able to be set or has the TMS system been completely modernized?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Evening all, I have recently performed in depth research regarding the Alstom PIS amougst other families, I recently came across three YouTube videos which portray Firstgroups Alstom Coradia units either with FNW or FGW filmed in the early to late 2010s. I realized that said units had a universal DVA and script upon introduction.

Interestingly seeing as these are Alstom built units, the original DVA seems free of the all the famous inflection issues that nowadays plague the families PIS systems! Maybe said issues were a result of new DVAs akin to the Vile sounding ATOS Ruth system, I wonder who voiced these original Firstgroup announcements? and are they still able to be set or has the TMS system been completely modernized?
That is Alison Forster.

There are no wrongful inflections on Ruth’s announcements on 175s (which she shared with Forster but never took over completely) Ruth’s announcements with inflections are those on the TrainFX sets where she voices everything - 150, 153, 158.

As far as that PIS goes:

Alison 175/180 - no odd inflections
Alison & Ruth 175 - hideously disjointed but no inflections
Unknown original woman 390 - no odd inflections
Emma 390 - no odd inflections
Fletcher 334 - yes, inflection issues
Unknown original man 458/0 - no odd inflections
Celia 458/5 - yes, inflection issues
GC scary Mackem voice 180 - from memory there’s a slight inflection on some words, like “Sonnnderland?”

And on TfW, 150/153/158 do indeed have odd inflections as well.

Last edited: