• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Footbridge at Arnside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_c_skinner

Established Member
Just on the BBC NW news, money from HMG to build a foot/cycle bridge on the Arnside viaduct.

I know nothing more, I suspect it is preliminary cash to pump prime a phase one study to evaluate the possibility of looking for funding for an early evaluation of a possible feasibility study or summat like that.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
I don't understand why it wasn't done when the viaduct was rebuilt in Summer 2011;
surely that would have been easier and cheaper??

MARK

a_c_skinner

Established Member
An article in the Gruniad about the Arnsluge to Grunge over Sands Bridge.
I cannot believe it can be done for £50000, but as I live close by hope it can.
It was suggested at the time of the renovation, but alas not at the time the renovation was being planned.
Andrew

oldman

The relevant government page proclaims: 'A fund of £50,000 will connect coastal communities through a new foot/cycle bridge across Arnside Viaduct'. The discrete attachment says 'feasibility study'.

Bertie the bus

Established Member
I don't understand why it wasn't done when the viaduct was rebuilt in Summer 2011;
surely that would have been easier and cheaper??

MARK
I expect it would be popular with hikers and railway photographers but it wouldn't do much for the economics of the Furness line. Arnside - Grange journeys seem very popular. Hardly surprising considering how far it is to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.