• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forgot season, bought ticket. But where to get refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2

Established Member
I stupidly forgot my annual season ticket (which is a Z1-3 Travelcard on Oyster) for a trip from Forest Gate to London Bridge, and also stupidly forgot about contactless, so ended up buying a paper Off-Peak Travelcard from Forest Gate ticket office for £8.90.
I know I can get a refund on this ticket, but where do I go?
Do I go back to Forest Gate, which is an NR office and doesn't do anything to do with Oyster?
Do I apply to my ticket issuer, which is my company payroll department?
Or do I go to an Underground ticket office?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
The form for refunds can be found here. You won't be refunded the full £8.90, just the pro-rata daily cost of the season ticket.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Where a season ticket is left at home, any refund has to be made by the original issuer. Generally you can only get two such refunds in a rolling 12 month period and an admin fee of up to £10 may apply.

NB: If you use Oyster PAYG (and presumably Contactless) in such cases, this will NOT be refunded!

Where the original ticket was issued by a TOC (which, as much as they like to claim otherwise, includes London Overground), you get refunded the cost of the ticket you bought, less the admin fee (if applicable); where it was issued by TfL, it's pro rata to the cost of the season.

Last edited:

Chrisgr31

Established Member
A friend did this the other day and Southern refunded the cost of the day return, with no admin fee as it was the first time he had done it in a 12 month period.

Incidentally can we clarify who is the original issuer in this case? My season ticket is issued via my company who use Abellio to issue them. My local TOC is Southern. I am fairly sure that during the time this has been in operation I have left my season at home, bought a day ticket and had it refunded by Southern. Could Southern in theory refuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.