• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fotopic quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLoaf

hi everyone,

Just a little idea i had today for saving money and i'd like to know people thoughts on it.

Fotopic give you a certain amount of free space when you make an account.

Whats to stop people just signing up again under a differant email address and getting the free space again.

Or even setting up an account for a family member.

Is there a law or something (expect there will actually). Sounds too good to be true and legal.

If someone knows then please drop a comment.

Thanks LilLoaf

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eos

.. A quadruple set of numbers like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and is what the internet uses as your unique address.
To find yours goto http://whatsmyip.org/
If you already have a Fotopic site, login to the editing pages and look at the first screen that say 'you last logged in 2 hours 20 minutes ago from IP 111.111.111.111 ( or whatever the right IP is , and time of course)

or got to START --> RUN --> and type in CMD, and ENTER .. In the black window that appears type IPCONFIG and ENTER and read your IP address ( assuming Windows and no router. A router may give false results.....

Last edited:

LilLoaf

I've just uploaded some pics, well a while ago actually, and on the bottom of the 2 bars, its all red and showing 110%. So how many can that bar go up to before your not allowed to add any more on.

Can i add some more pics.

I haven't added in my bank card details so they carn't get money off me. Can they?

eos

They will give you a couple of weeks to correct any oversight, then they will email you using the address registered, and usually if its still over limits after 24 hours, your site will be made unavailable completely until it is brought within their terms and conditions. You can always pay to buy the extra webspace........

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Fotopic monitor the IP used for log-on.
Erm, so?

...your unique address...
How 'unique' do you think that is if you are using computers at a workplace, library etc?

The fact is that literally hundreds of people can be sharing the same external IP address.

LilLoaf said:
I haven't added in my bank card details so they carn't get money off me. Can they?
Indeed they 'car not'.

LilLoaf

They will give you a couple of weeks to correct any oversight, then they will email you using the address registered, and usually if its still over limits after 24 hours, your site will be made unavailable completely until it is brought within their terms and conditions. You can always pay to buy the extra webspace........

Its been well over 24 hours, Its now over a week. Its only on 110% maybe they are not bothered.

I'm not paying for extra webspace, i'll just set up a flickr account. Does flickr charge to make an account?

Anyway as i think it was Yorkie says they "car not" get any money off me i'm not to bothered as long as it doesn't go on the internet bill !

Established Member
I'm not paying for extra webspace, i'll just set up a flickr account. Does flickr charge to make an account?

After 200 images you have to pay for a pro account, which has very few limitations. It's $24.95 (£17.22) for a year and $47.99 (£33.12) for 2 years.

Flickr said:
Here's what you get...

* Unlimited uploads and storage
* Unlimited sets and collections
* Access to your original files
* Stats on your account
* Ad-free browsing and sharing
* HD playback for high-definition video uploads

LilLoaf

I'll concider the flickr account. Sounds quite good as long as its not too difficult to set up, i found fotopic quite hard to set up but once i got sorted its was ok.

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions, i'm not great with computers and don't understand how to set up website but its a good way to share pics.

Established Member
I'll concider the flickr account. Sounds quite good as long as its not too difficult to set up, i found fotopic quite hard to set up but once i got sorted its was ok.

I find Flickr much easier to use, and easier to navigate round that fotopic. If you do get Flickr, I'd reccomend you get Flickr Uploadr, it's free and makes uploading photos much easier :)

mawallace

Question - Is there an easy way to transfer from fotopic to Flickr - or do you have to recreate your galaries etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.