• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[FR] T11+M5 in Paris plus Amiens and Evereux (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-c-p

Bonjour,

in July I went to Paris for a few days and took the opportunity to take a look at the new Tram-Train-Line T11. Additionally, I did cathedral sight seeing in Amiens and Évreux.

T11

The T11 (aka "Tram Express Nord") went into service on July 7. It connects "Le Bourget" (transfer to RER B) and "Épinay sur Seine" (transfer to RER C and one branch of T8). Along the way there are transfers to RER D and the other branch of T8. Further extension of the line to East and West are planned.

Tram waiting in "Le Bourget"

t11_bourget262pxo.jpg

Tram departing to "Épinay". Like the "real" railway in France, the trams run on the left. I like the design of the catenary masts.

t11_bourget3r8oxn.jpg

One of the new stations "Stains Cerisaie"

t11_stains5kvqzd.jpg

There are no ticket validation machines on the trams, because each station is equipped with barriers

t11_accessugp1l.jpg

Tram approaching "Stains Cerisaie"

t11_stains393o61.jpg

t11_stains4j8oh8.jpg

On the bridge a gentle hint that the catenary is powered up now

t11_spannungqaoke.jpg

Inside the tram: Seating

t11_int4ao74.jpg

and information screens

t11_info1ferzg.jpg

t11_info2fuqfl.jpg

Information screen on the platform. Service was a bit irregular when I was there. Instead of 10min headways train were running every 5 to 15 minutes

t11_info3j5r97.jpg

Approaching "Épinay"

t11_epinay5eqmo.jpg

View of T11 from stop of T8 (across the tracks of the T8)

t11_plain1boa7.jpg

Tram under blue sky

t11_plain2epqru.jpg

Back to "Le Bourget": RER rolling stock in the evening sun

rerrcrce.jpg

That's all I have of T11. By mere chance I happen to be in Paris on opening weekend. Despite the still ongoing state of emergency in France, taking pictures was no problem. Everybody was very relaxed and almost all passengers had their phone out and took pictures.

Paris Mix

Next, a mix of Paris impressions. For starters: My favourite Métro motiv: M5 and the Seine bridge next to "Gare d'Austerlitz". M5 leaving "Gare d'Austerlitz"

m5_auster1azogk.jpg

Crossing the Seine under a postcard blue sky

m5_auster2xep51.jpg

With the high rises the background the line makes a turn unto "Quai de la Rappée" station

m5_auster3unqbq.jpg

m5_auster4happq.jpg

Several sleeper trains departing at "Gare d'Austerlitz" were cancelled. Passengers could spent the night in the "Intercité Dodo" (this made me smile as "faire dodo" is a colloquial expression for sleeping)

dodoompos.jpg

Fares of the regional TER services are pretty high. Such a colourful ticket machine does not make them any cheaper, but it is nice to look at (seen in "Gare du Nord")

machine_tersirbq.jpg

Pretty common these days in Paris: Partial Métro line shutdown, because someone left luggage on the platform

m_baggage45pe6.jpg

Big construction and renovation works are currently taken place in transit hub "Châtelet". Nice change to the usual white tiles

m_chatletepraw.jpg

So far, I had seen this barriers only in "Montparnasse". But now "Gare du Nord" has them too (eventhough I have never seen them in use in Montparnasse).

battage7eqo8.jpg

Amiens

And finally, pictures form to trips up north. Amiens is a very green city with water and parks like "Parc Saint-Pierre"

amiens_jardin2xepgj.jpg

Nice homes in the "Hortillonnage" swamp area (and the "Tour Perret" in the background)

amiens_cabanefyq58.jpg

Fancy a little boat trip along the small rivers and canals?

amiens_bataeup1r6i.jpg

Is this art or just a pile of rubbish?

amiens_kunstdrrlk.jpg

The cathedral

amiens_cath2bmret.jpg

I like the like monsters the masons put on the facade

amiens_cath3boq2i.jpg

The view from the tower was worth the 300 steps it took to get up there

amiens_cath_vue1twois.jpg

amiens_cath_vue2wxp4t.jpg

I have a weakness for rose windows

amiens_rosew8oqg.jpg

I will never get used to this new TER rolling stock with its mix of single and bi-level cars

amiens_ter7noei.jpg

Évreux

The second trip was to Évreux. Among many other cities its skyline is depicted in a window in "Gare St Lazare"

evreux_vit_garetzqbn.jpg

A big surprise in the city centre: A cathedral :).

evreux_cath61pud.jpg

With a rose window of course

evreux_roseeir8m.jpg

The Town Hall

evreux_hdvg2qbj.jpg

In the foreground Transilien and TER rolling stock resting over the weekend to back in business on Monday morning. In the background: A north-bound Intercité

evreux_gare5kq5p.jpg

This wraps up my little trip to Macron-Land

À bientot / cu
Charly

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.