• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Free travel for Southeastern staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

198ksw

Due to start with Southeastern as a trainee driver next month and am wondering how the free travel works.

Now that Govia no longer runs SE, do staff still get free travel on the GTR network?

I understand we get a pass, do we scan these in at the touchpoints like an oyster card or do we have to show them to guards at the gates?

Lastly, I know we don’t get free travel on buses or LU but read somewhere that Tramlink services are free?

Can anyone shine any light on the above points please?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

198ksw

Sorry for being a noob but is a priv card a separate card to what SE will be issuing me?

NotMattch

Due to start with Southeastern as a trainee driver next month and am wondering how the free travel works.

Now that Govia no longer runs SE, do staff still get free travel on the GTR network?

I understand we get a pass, do we scan these in at the touchpoints like an oyster card or do we have to show them to guards at the gates?

Lastly, I know we don’t get free travel on buses or LU but read somewhere that Tramlink services are free?

Can anyone shine any light on the above points please?
Thanks
Can confirm that southeastern staff get free travel on all SE services including High Speed.
Free travel also applies to all GTR services
Tramline is free travel for leisure only

Ontop of this you'll also get the normal 75% staff priv rate on all NR tickets as well as the various European discounts.

When you start you'll get an email after a while which gives you a document telling you all the discounts from the RSTL which can also be found at:

Make sure you read the non-safeguarded documentation

The SE Staff card works the same as an oyster for SE/GTR. Tramelink you'll have to show it to any inspectors. Your priv card is seperate and is just proof that you are entitled to the discount (similar to a railcard)

CFRAIL

Congratulations!

Still reciprocal travel arrangements between SE/GTR.

Twotwo

GTR staff are entitled to a ptac card which gives us 75% discount on payg london underground fares. I'm not too sure if this applies to South Eastern but perhaps someone on here may know...

Status
Not open for further replies.