• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight at Flitwick/Harlington on a Satuday

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmidland

Established Member
Anyone know how much freight runs through Flitwick (Bedfordshire) on a Satuday, not expecting much :|. Also is there any special workings, Network Rail test? (Please state the time)
Thanks londonmidland :D.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
There are a reasonable number usually during the week, but I am unsure of how much there will be tomorrow. Special workings, unlikely. You may see a few freight trains for Lafarge, but maybe not much else, I'm not really sure.

FreightLocate

Not much freight to speak of tomorrow but there is a steamer, 70013 on 1Z48 08.15 London Victoria - Lincoln, due through Flitwick at 10/29

londonmidland

Established Member
Drs 37 scrap train is that still runing, a few agregrate/cement trains.

Thanks, do you know what time that scrap runs through?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There are a reasonable number usually during the week, but I am unsure of how much there will be tomorrow. Special workings, unlikely. You may see a few freight trains for Lafarge, but maybe not much else, I'm not really sure.

Ok, Thank you :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How are the Station staff (if there is any) about taking videos? Do you need permission first?

westcoaster

Established Member
When it did run it was southbound in the evening and northbound on a Tuesday/ Wednesday, but that if it is still running.

Also the heathrow (colnbrok?) avgas might be running normally returning north after midday.

As posted above harlington one stop south is much better view wise as flitwick station is on a left hand bend at the south end.

MadCommuter

Not much freight to speak of tomorrow but there is a steamer, 70013 on 1Z48 08.15 London Victoria - Lincoln, due through Flitwick at 10/29

Thanks for this info. I let my Dad know about this and he went to see it this morning at Clapham - he was delighted.

londonmidland

Established Member
Went to Harlington instead, nice little station. Only saw 1 freight, wasn't expecting much.
Thanks for the info everyone :)!

asylumxl

Established Member
Glad you agree Harlington is nicer.

Shame about the freight though. There's alot more on the weekdays, but it's not like lines such as the WCML which have a regular flow of freight.

londonmidland

Established Member
Two freights went North through St Albans, one around 3pm and the other a bit before 4pm.

I only stayed there for 2 hours, 11:00 till 13:00.
***Off topic, the speakers at Harpenden make the announcements a bit "rusty", although they are good for when a train passes through***

asylumxl

Established Member
Not quite sure I understand what you mean by rusty. The display nearest the stairs on Platform 3 seems to still be buggered at Harpenden though.

londonmidland

Established Member
Not quite sure I understand what you mean by rusty. The display nearest the stairs on Platform 3 seems to still be buggered at Harpenden though.

Compared to the announcements at London St Pancras (low level), the ones at Harpenden aren't very clear, probably do to with the old speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.