• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Ltd Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ultra4

They probably shortlist manually rather than allowing computer to do it. Hence delays.

Deliverance

Does anyone know what the level of qualifications they are looking for are? I.e do you have to have an engineering or a graduate background?

Dinster

that's encouraging I suppose if no one else has heard anything. Just seems that Hardy may have had his interview before anyone else has heard anything. You would have thought it would be easier from their point of view if they interviewed all prospective candidates at the same time.

Deliverance

Thanks Septus the ad in my local rag did'nt specify either way, just says you need to pass the relevant tests.

Hardy2712

Evening all,
I hope you have all started hearing back from freightliner. I was just wondering if anyone knows what type of interview/questions they are likely to ask? I have read the forum for advice but they all seem to have the assessments before an interview.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Deliverance

Hardy2712. Hope you don't mind me asking but from when you got your email reply
of an interview, how long do you have for your interview date, my reason being my current job is a nightmare to take time off from.

Hardy2712

Hardy2712. Hope you don't mind me asking but from when you got your email reply
of an interview, how long do you have for your interview date, my reason being my current job is a nightmare to take time off from.

They emailed me last Tuesday for an interview this Tuesday. So 7 days.

Deliverance

Good luck for Tuesday! As for questions I believe they target events in your life/ work background where you were challenged and how you dealt/coped with them, plus know as much as you can about the company will show pre-interest always helps.

Surfinsaint

Still nothing in my mailbox.........aaarrgghhhh!

The wait is agonising, either way, I just want to know when I can stop practising the Bourdon Test, my kids think I'm mad and keep telling me "that game is rubbish that is" :roll:

Hardy2712

Evening all,

Had my interview today and went really well. Been told at the end of the interview that I had passed and now there sending me for stage 1 assessments.

A worker for freightliner while I was waiting said that yesterday they were meant to interview 10 people but only 3 turned up!!! ( I couldn't believe it!). Therefore I am guessing that they have some more to invite for interview.

So relieved that I got through the interview but I do know that there is a long way to go and many more hurdles to jump!!

PEP

Good job mate. And 3 out of 10 when there so many hanging on to hear, that is shocking

Dinster

yeah, well done Hardy. Good news for all us still waiting that so few turned up to those interviews!
What kind of questions did they ask at your interview if you don't mind me asking?

Hardy2712

They were general questions really - asked about me to talk about my life so far. Ask questions about health. Then the rest were very similar the CBI questions on an assessment.

OntheRails75

So has nobody else heard back about this one ? I know Hardy had an interview for Leeds but has anyone had any contact re the Eastleigh vacancy. Any info much appreciated by those still hoping in vain.......

Deliverance

So has nobody else heard back about this one ? I know Hardy had an interview for Leeds but has anyone had any contact re the Eastleigh vacancy. Any info much appreciated by those still hoping in vain.......

I didn't hear anything and to be honest not really expecting to now,reading the 'heavy haul' thread their interviews were after about six weeks.

lobsterzest

I've heard nothing for Eastleigh. Emailed them last week to check and have received no reply. Still checking the emails daily and hoping to hear something soon. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. Will post here if I get any information back.

Hardy2712

Is anyone going to the first stage of assessments in Crewe on Monday? I'm really nervous!

ANDYLEEDS

Yeah im going for tests on Monday in Crewe, a bit nervous myself not sure what to expect really, I just keep going through the tests and hopefully that will see me through on the day.

Hardy2712

Yeah im going for tests on Monday in Crewe, a bit nervous myself not sure what to expect really, I just keep going through the tests and hopefully that will see me through on the day.

Same here! On Monday we are only doing the paper based assessments is that correct?

ANDYLEEDS

Yeah I think so it wasn't too clear at the interview but reading threads on here it sounds like it is just going to be the paper tests

Surfinsaint

Has anyone heard anything about the Eastleigh intake, anything, something, rumour, conjecture, anything.....?

OntheRails75

absolutely nothing. i think now we are two months post application closure it is best to assume the worst......... but with nothing heard whatsoever it is impossible not to still wonder ???!!!
if any lurkers out there have had a reply for eastleigh please put the rest of us out of our misery.....

SPADTrap

Established Member
I know!!! Absolutely shocking!!! 9/10 attended today I believe.

I know it is off the FL topic but when I went to GA assessments last month 4 people didn't turn up, not the first time I've seen that happen though, 2 didn't turn up to the interviews today!! :o

Rugby9107

Surfinsaint/OntheRails75, guys from Eastleigh are already notified and are testing in Crewe tomorrow, sorry to break the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.