• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Shunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

737egnh

Hi all, I don’t suppose there’s any FL Shunter’s on here? Just looking to ask a question or two if possible.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthernTech

What Shunter position are you/have you gone for? I haven’t seen anything within 60 mins of your location of Preston?

737egnh

What Shunter position are you/have you gone for? I haven’t seen anything within 60 mins of your location of Preston?
Hi NorthernTech.

Just double checked my post. I haven’t stated I have gone for / or going for a Shunter’s position?

Also, I never stated I am in Preston?

Shunters, or shunt drivers?
Shunt driver’s, sorry I probs didn’t make it clear.

NorthernTech

Hi NorthernTech.

Just double checked my post. I haven’t stated I have gone for / or going for a Shunter’s position?

Also, I never stated I am in Preston?

Shunt driver’s, sorry I probs didn’t make it clear.
Did I point out something I shouldn’t have?

In reply to your message, firstly I’d say that if you are asking about a position with a company, logic would say you are considering application or have already replied. If not, why ask? Secondly, at the bottom of your person info next to your post it’s says ‘location’, of which yours says Preston. Now, I’m probably not gonna feature in Mensa’s top ten genius’s of the uk 2022, but I’m taking a wild guess that you filled that in at some point when you joined the forum and that you were either in Preston or you wanted people to think you were, hence my conclusion.

Tunstead, which I think is the only place that Freightliner have Shunter (Shunt Driver) positions is more than the stated 60 minutes travel time from there.

737egnh

Did I point out something I shouldn’t have?

In reply to your message, firstly I’d say that if you are asking about a position with a company, logic would say you are considering application or have already replied. If not, why ask? Secondly, at the bottom of your person info next to your post it’s says ‘location’, of which yours says Preston. Now, I’m probably not gonna feature in Mensa’s top ten genius’s of the uk 2022, but I’m taking a wild guess that you filled that in at some point when you joined the forum and that you were either in Preston or you wanted people to think you were, hence my conclusion.

Tunstead, which I think is the only place that Freightliner have Shunter (Shunt Driver) positions is more than the stated 60 minutes travel time from there.
Nope, I am just trying to come to the conclusion on how you came to asking those questions, however as you pointed out , you took a guess. I haven’t and have no intentions of applying for a Shunter’s drivers role, I just wish to seek to find something who can answer a questions or two

And correct, I was born in Preston.

Treas

I have a feeling 737egnh, that you have just found yourself in the same situation as me, can’t DM you though as I’ve not posted enough!

NorthernTech

Yeah exactly, ask for help but not prepared to give any information back when asked..

Last edited:

737egnh

I
Why do people of forums have to get proper arsey because we’re not all mind readers.
No don’t be silly….I simply asked a question and got irrelevant responses as to which I simply cannot comprehend why

I have a feeling 737egnh, that you have just found yourself in the same situation as me, can’t DM you though as I’ve not posted enough!
Just PM’d you mate

Status
Not open for further replies.