• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers (05/12/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfc171081

• Acton – W3 6EQ
  • Birmingham – B8 1BT
  • Crewe – CW2 5AA
  • Doncaster – DN4 5PD
  • Eastleigh – SO50 9FL
  • Ipswich – IP2 9AA
  • Leeds – LS10 2RJ
  • Merehead – BA4 4RA
  • Millerhill – EH21 8RZ
  • Mossend – ML4 1EF
  • Reading – RG1 1TG
  • Tilbury – RM18 7EH

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member
It isn't a long application AFAIK. Might still be open Wednesday, probably will in fact, but not sure I would risk it!

Newboysouth

Just attempted to apply and it says ***FORBIDDEN, SENDER BLACKLISTED***
What on earth could that mean? I’m hoping it is just a website error

GLENMAYE77

I’ve passed my assessment already with a different TOC. Would this job except that?
Possibly, you’d still have to do the initial stages of the application process. Then when you reach the OPC stages they would let you know if you have passed everything to the required standard or whether you would need to re-sit any tests.

Jonsutt

I’ve passed my assessment already with a different TOC. Would this job except that?
Freightliner are enhanced and there's extra tests on the paper assessment day than other companies.
You would find out from OPC what you would need to take and what you have already passed to the required pass mark when you get to that point

PHB2203

Got my application in for Eastleigh. First application I have submitted as been waiting for trainee position to open up down south as based in Bournemouth. I hope I’m within the correct commuting distance?

Owen83

Hi everyone, good luck to all those applying!

Does anyone know. How long is the training until competent and on full money?

Thanks

Barlos1973

• Acton – W3 6EQ
  • Birmingham – B8 1BT
  • Crewe – CW2 5AA
  • Doncaster – DN4 5PD
  • Eastleigh – SO50 9FL
  • Ipswich – IP2 9AA
  • Leeds – LS10 2RJ
  • Merehead – BA4 4RA
  • Millerhill – EH21 8RZ
  • Mossend – ML4 1EF
  • Reading – RG1 1TG
  • Tilbury – RM18 7EH

Thanks mate. Applied for Donny. Checked Google and I'm 40mins away so just made it

J3053B

Applied for Merehead 41 mins showing on Google maps, so hopefully that’s good…currently a guard at SWR - this is like a beacon of light! Fingers crossed

Good luck to all that apply!

neilo5678

If you train and qualify as a freight driver can you change to passenger? What’s the better route? Or is it personal opinion

CheeseNoMayo

Chucked my name into the hat for Leeds yesterday! Haven’t received an email back from OPC yet though! Best of luck everyone

Diedinium

Nice, that's a refreshingly simple application form.

I'm about an hour's drive away from Merehead (in good traffic...), figured I may as well try though - fully expecting they might chuck out my application lol.

Recently passed Paper, computer and MMI tests as well - although pretty sure it wasn't to the enhanced standard since TfW don't test to that, will be interesting to see what happens - such as seeing if I need to do additional tests (or do they just make you retake all of them, even if you're only missing one or two additional tests to meet the enhanced standard?)

martin2345uk

Established Member
Chucked my name into the hat for Leeds yesterday! Haven’t received an email back from OPC yet though! Best of luck everyone
You can, though FL make you sign a training agreement to pay back a percentage of the training costs if you leave within X years.

Also seems fewer and fewer TOCs are recruiting qualified drivers these days, seems they mostly prefer apprenticeships.

North-Valiant

You can, though FL make you sign a training agreement to pay back a percentage of the training costs if you leave within X years.

Also seems fewer and fewer TOCs are recruiting qualified drivers these days, seems they mostly prefer apprenticeships.
Apprenticeships allow the government to pay a portion of the wages, everyone seems to use them now

Status
Not open for further replies.