• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartbreakkid

Just to keep you guys in the loop I had my zoom interview on the 19th for Wembley/Reading and heard this afternoon via a phone call from Sophia that I got the job. No start date but will be contacted when they have some dates.

Good luck all

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Just to keep you guys in the loop I had my zoom interview on the 19th for Wembley/Reading and heard this afternoon via a phone call from Sophia that I got the job. No start date but will be contacted when they have some dates.

Good luck all
Congratulations mate. I also had a phone call from Sophia confirming the same but for Tunstead/Earles. Hopefully won’t be waiting too long for dates.

Cheers mate. It was advertised as Peak Forest but everyone’s telling me it’s actually Tunstead which puts us in the same boat (or train)!
Ahh yes that was the same for me. Probably be on same course whenever they start. If so look forward to meeting you.

SpitfireAle

Got the phonecall and job offer today after being in the pool for just over 2 years, after having to do the DMI a second time for being in the pool so long. Seems unreal. I'd started to think it would never happen.

PickleTree

Congratulations to everybody, this is good news. Out of interest has anybody that got the email from Tracey in September regarding interviews not heard anything since? I replied to say I was still wishing to progress my application but haven't heard anything since. I am not sure if that is because there isn't as much of a demand for the depot I applied for, Eastleigh.

3436mill

Congratulations to everybody, this is good news. Out of interest has anybody that got the email from Tracey in September regarding interviews not heard anything since? I replied to say I was still wishing to progress my application but haven't heard anything since. I am not sure if that is because there isn't as much of a demand for the depot I applied for, Eastleigh.
I still haven’t heard and I had my interview on the 19th of September. :/

luvash

Congratulations all! I also received a call yesterday and have been offered the job. I'm still in disbelief!

PickleTree

I still haven’t heard and I had my interview on the 19th of September. :/
That is probably even more frustrating. I was just interested to hear if anybody had replied to say they would still like to progress their application to interview and hadn't heard anything since as this is the boat I am currently in.

luvash

That is probably even more frustrating. I was just interested to hear if anybody had replied to say they would still like to progress their application to interview and hadn't heard anything since as this is the boat I am currently in.
Hang in there guys, hoping good news also comes your way!

Congratulations. Which depot?
I applied for Tilbury, but during the interview was told I might be placed elsewhere?

TGreen

I received the email. I had a DMI back in October 2018 and was placed in a talent pool waiting for a position. I emailed back saying I was happy resit the DMI if necessary but haven’t heard anything since. Sent a couple of follow up emails as well but still no reply.

Bristol VRIII

I received the email. I had a DMI back in October 2018 and was placed in a talent pool waiting for a position. I emailed back saying I was happy resit the DMI if necessary but haven’t heard anything since. Sent a couple of follow up emails as well but still no reply.
Me to mate passed DMI around same time in 2018 living in limbo sucks

Got the phonecall and job offer today after being in the pool for just over 2 years, after having to do the DMI a second time for being in the pool so long. Seems unreal. I'd started to think it would never happen.
Congrats mate given me some hope at least

Heartbreakkid

Ladies and Gents a quick question

How do you know if after passing your DMI you are actually offered a job or if you are to get put in a talent pool. I was offered a job but no mention of the talent pool so I am curious to know what the difference is in how you are notified. Or, is everyone placed in a pool and then picked depending upon how well you have done.

Thanks

crebbs1

Good luck all

Your comment above suggests you are in a talent pool.
It’s when they say that you have been successful but give no dates, that’s the pool.

SpitfireAle

I was placed in the talent pool in December 2018, I got an email saying I'd been placed in the talent pool, no phonecall. This time I got a phonecall saying they'ed like to offer me a position, congratulations, and that theyed send me some documents/details in the post. No mention of talent pool and seemed completely different from when I was originally placed in the pool just over 2 years ago.

deepblue82

PickleTree I think you applied for Eastleigh. I received an email today with a link for a Zoom interview next Tuesday...keep an eye on your emails.

Heartbreakkid

I was placed in the talent pool in December 2018, I got an email saying I'd been placed in the talent pool, no phonecall. This time I got a phonecall saying they'ed like to offer me a position, congratulations, and that theyed send me some documents/details in the post. No mention of talent pool and seemed completely different from when I was originally placed in the pool just over 2 years ago.
Same here, they phoned and offered me “the job” and said they had no available course dates at present but would send the documents in the post and would ensure I have enough time to inform my current job. There was no mention of a talent pool which was why i asked for clarification. What will be will be.

Same here, they phoned and offered me “the job” and said they had no available course dates at present but would send the documents in the post and would ensure I have enough time to inform my current job. There was no mention of a talent pool which was why i asked for clarification. What will be will be.

i had the same call offering me the job but with an unknown start date. Although I’m sure I was told emails would be sent out in a few weeks.
I was told in interview there’s four courses next year though.

SpitfireAle

i had the same call offering me the job but with an unknown start date. Although I’m sure I was told emails would be sent out in a few weeks.
I was told in interview there’s four courses next year though.
yes I was also told about the 4 courses

Status
Not open for further replies.