• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

delticdeano74

If there's going to be a contract it'll surely have a start date on it, no? Don't think I've ever seen a contract without one :)
Yes I thought that too, but I meant possibly on hold until the January onwards courses. I only have to give a weeks notice but doubt very much I'll be on this month's. :)

Seejwalker

That’s what I was thinking, I had a conditional offer with a ball park start date. I’m sure the guys who have had contracts are the ones with confirmed start dates. Fingers crossed this will be the first of a few.

What do you mean by a condtioncon offer but not a contract?

Stigy

Established Member
And are the online tests one of your two strikes if failed?
No. Only the assessments at the test centres including the MMI form the two strike ruling (DMI does not). If you didn’t reach the online VSE benchmark however, you’d have to wait 6-months to retake these with any operator who uses them.

What do you mean by a condtioncon offer but not a contract?
It’s a job offer, on condition you pass your medical and don’t have any outstanding criminal convictions. It was made to me along with the guys starting in Nov. I couldn’t start then so have been told I will be in one of the next courses, hopefully Feb start.

Seejwalker

It’s a job offer, on condition you pass your medical and don’t have any outstanding criminal convictions. It was made to me along with the guys starting in Nov. I couldn’t start then so have been told I will be in one of the next courses, hopefully Feb start.

Ah that's makes, there's so many different experiences of the recruitment process on here that it's nice to compare them.

Pete C

I had a letter like that but nowhere on it did it say it was a job offer, it just said that on reciept of my disclosure certificate and medical results they would advise if my "application would be progressed further"

4F89

That means you got the job, unless you fail medical or have outstanding convictions, or a crap reference

delticdeano74

I had a letter like that but nowhere on it did it say it was a job offer, it just said that on reciept of my disclosure certificate and medical results they would advise if my "application would be progressed further"
Yes that's what I got too.

AMP

Has anyone applied for Garston and received an email asking if they were happy to go into a pool? I received one Wednesday afternoon.

GLENMAYE77

Has anyone applied for Garston and received an email asking if they were happy to go into a pool? I received one Wednesday afternoon.

Have you sat stage 2 assessments yet?
From what I’d got on this forum I thought everyone who had applied for Garston had Stage 2 dates at the end of this month

boogie

Medical day today, just been told by telephone coarse date looks to be 7th Jan for depot trainee driver

L4zy

Morning all,

Does anyone have the contact number for HR at Crewe.

Cheers

Jonathan110

From what I’d got on this forum I thought everyone who had applied for Garston had Stage 2 dates at the end of this month

There was a guy for Garston on my stage 2 day at the beginning of September.

AMP

Yes, I did my stage 2 assessment on the 24th October

Mgv1349

Hi mate, well done to you. I'm for Peak Forest too so will hopefully see you there. Had my Medical on the 22nd of October and had an email earlier saying I passed and contract is being sorted. Absolutely buzzing now.
Congrats mate! I remember you worrying for your medical results last week! Lol

Mgv1349

Not yet, I'm for reading though. I'm assuming they're still sorting Crewe into courses and will focus on Reading when the recruitment stops this weekend.
One Crewe course is at the end of this month I’m guessing it could be between 6-11 weeks after that till they start another

Status
Not open for further replies.