• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMT

This story of the MMI examples that should be not older than two years to me it sounds as absolute nonsense, it cannot be realistic. So every two years we should have an emergency situation occurring to us? If I was in the police or in the fire brigade or a doctor/nurse perhaps, but for me with mainly office background it is very unlikely if not impossible. Otherwise they should state clearly 'Please refrain from applying if you are not able to demonstrate that you have examples within the last two years.' Even about the course question, do we have training courses or exams every two years? In my view four years is also unrealistic, seven years makes more sense. When I sat my MMI I'm pretty sure my best example was the emergency one, which is about twenty years old, and I'm lucky I have one. The assessor seemed to be happy with my answer. Moreover, in life we become adults (in this context at least) after our 21st anniversary, so why should I not be able to use an example which took place when I was that young but already an adult and which is still vivid in my memory. At the end of the day in this job we are tested for retaining information; well, there you are. I'm over 50 now, my life is not like Bruce Willis' in Die Hard anymore (well, it has never been), most of my examples are old, only two of my answers are less than two years old, as they are work related. I hope I won't waste their time and me mine.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martin2345uk

Established Member
Good luck to everyone starting on the Ipswich course today, especially PeteC who has put up with my negativity and paranoia for what feels like months now. Hope one day I’ll get there too. Let us all know what it’s like (“,)

Stigy

Established Member
This story of the MMI examples that should be not older than two years to me it sounds as absolute nonsense, it cannot be realistic. So every two years we should have an emergency situation occurring to us? If I was in the police or in the fire brigade or a doctor/nurse perhaps, but for me with mainly office background it is very unlikely if not impossible. Otherwise they should state clearly 'Please refrain from applying if you are not able to demonstrate that you have examples within the last two years.' Even about the course question, do we have training courses or exams every two years? In my view four years is also unrealistic, seven years makes more sense. When I sat my MMI I'm pretty sure my best example was the emergency one, which is about twenty years old, and I'm lucky I have one. The assessor seemed to be happy with my answer. Moreover, in life we become adults (in this context at least) after our 21st anniversary, so why should I not be able to use an example which took place when I was that young but already an adult and which is still vivid in my memory. At the end of the day in this job we are tested for retaining information; well, there you are. I'm over 50 now, my life is not like Bruce Willis' in Die Hard anymore (well, it has never been), most of my examples are old, only two of my answers are less than two years old, as they are work related. I hope I won't waste their time and me mine.
I see what you’re saying to an extent, however the term ‘emergency’ should be used as an unexpected event rather than an actual life or death emergency (still tricky, but a car breaking down at te side of a motorway is far more likely than having to deal with an emergency a Police Officer might have to deal with every other day). It’s by no means easy, and I don’t think the 2-year thing is the case across the board, but sometimes it’s best to think outside the box and not overthink situations.

Nishhh

Good luck to everyone starting on the Ipswich course today, especially PeteC who has put up with my negativity and paranoia for what feels like months now. Hope one day I’ll get there too. Let us all know what it’s like (“,)

Hahaha!

Was wondering how long after the medical does it take for them to get back to you...

Pete C

Cheers matey! Just been doing lots of paperwork today and being issued with our kit - there's a lot of it! You'll make it, don't you worry :)

delticdeano74

Cheers mate. :)
Yeah same as Pete C says.
You will be fine pal.

Nishhh

Cheers matey! Just been doing lots of paperwork today and being issued with our kit - there's a lot of it! You'll make it, don't you worry :)

What exactly is in this kit?

Question for anyone pencilled in for a February course - what’s your notice period...?

4 weeks for me too, been told will be on Feb course but haven’t heard back from them about medical or told to apply for CRB yet...

Branston

Just wondering, how long did it take for Freightliner to get back to people regarding the result of the DMI (either pass or failed). I was told 2 weeks (which has now passed).
Did anyone do any chasing to them direct, or just sit tight waiting??
Cheers

GLENMAYE77

Just wondering, how long did it take for Freightliner to get back to people regarding the result of the DMI (either pass or failed). I was told 2 weeks (which has now passed).
Did anyone do any chasing to them direct, or just sit tight waiting??
Cheers

It will be 2 weeks on weds since mine

Degsy

Had my stage two last monday, OPC confirmed I passed all tests on wednesday via email. Rang Crewe today and was told my DMI was a success too and that I'll recieve a date via E-mail for my medical in the next 7 days

Mgv1349

Had my stage two last monday, OPC confirmed I passed all tests on wednesday via email. Rang Crewe today and was told my DMI was a success too and that I'll recieve a date via E-mail for my medical in the next 7 days
Congrats! What depot are you for?

GLENMAYE77

What number did you ring?

Where have you applied for?

LGB87

Just came out of the Watford assessment centre... Found it all mostly pretty simple but think I might have messed up on Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1... Mind just went blank once they’d spoke for a while between looking at the information and starting the test. Got through the questions but started changing answers at the end.. :frown:

Fingers crossed anyway!

BMoore

Wow that’s great you herd back so soon, mine was on 26/11 still waiting, do u have the number for freightliner to hand please

martin2345uk

Established Member

So sounds like they’re at least moving relatively quickly now?!?

Lendog2012

Me too....what date was your stage 2?
Mine was 28th Nov

5th October mate.... I'm sure others are in the same boat but just would be nice for some clarity. Even if it said you are on a course in July or whenever. Just a little tricky to get organised for next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.