• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
Finally got a response from the OPC on Tuesday confirming that I have completed all the assessments and that it’s straight to the Freightliner interview rather than sitting the stage 2 on 26th November.

Bad news is that Freightliner have just emailed me to say that my interview slot is now 17th January 2019...still a considerable wait for me by the looks of it
I have checked my emails this afternoon I've received similar. Having passed what was missing from Stage 1 on the 30th August I now have to wait until 15th January at Basford Hall for the interview. Nothing I can achieve by moaning about it however - Lawley St is the only location I applied for.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I have been told they are starting a course in Nov and then one in Feb or May for Crewe. By the look of it they are doing 2 courses at a time (11 weeks) and then starting the next.

Pete C

Think they got stuck in traffic on M6. Saying that, I still had 40 mins to travel and gave myself 2 hours....
Work colleague of mine did that to be fair. Motorway totally closed and he missed his MMI. Guess the moral of the story is, unless you can walk there, get a hotel!

Stigy

Established Member
Work colleague of mine did that to be fair. Motorway totally closed and he missed his MMI. Guess the moral of the story is, unless you can walk there, get a hotel!
For the stage one I travelled up on the day as I was in the afternoon session (1300). I came up on the train but allowed myself an extra 90-minutes (got to Crewe at 1130). Could have got a train arriving at 1220hrs but know what the trains can be like. Thought I’d allow the standard fatality clear-up time, just in case ;)

Nishhh

For the stage one I travelled up on the day as I was in the afternoon session (1300). I came up on the train but allowed myself an extra 90-minutes (got to Crewe at 1130). Could have got a train arriving at 1220hrs but know what the trains can be like. Thought I’d allow the standard fatality clear-up time, just in case ;)

Ditto! Where are you travelling from?

GLENMAYE77

Guessing there’s quite a few roles countrywide and also projected vet the next 12 months or so as this seems quite a substantial recruitment.

Diff

Can anyone help with location? For the stage 2 email it says it's in Basford Hall but on the map it just looks like a yard of some sort, no actual proper buildings, it just looks like maybe a few portable office cabins.
HALL.jpg

Cheers :)

Can anyone help with location? For the stage 2 email it says it's in Basford Hall but on the map it just looks like a yard of some sort, no actual proper buildings, it just looks like maybe a few portable office cabins.
HALL.jpg

You enter the yard and just follow the road until you get to a large green port a cabin office block. The parking is out the front in a car park or if that’s full, then on the road in front.

Diff

You enter the yard and just follow the road until you get to a large green port a cabin office block. The parking is out the front in a car park or if that’s full, then on the road in front.
Ah right ok thanks for that, is it here where I have circled? There are cars at the top and then a green looking biulding at the bottom...

HALL.jpg

Mike121

For those that have had the interview. Would you say the notice period would be enough to put them off if too long?

Jonathan110

For those that have had the interview. Would you say the notice period would be enough to put them off if too long?

I wouldn’t say so. They told me there will be courses next year so there should be scope for being put on one of the later ones if needed.

dawny291

For those with an offer and waiting for a start date, how much notice did you say you'd need to leave your current job and start with FL???

For those with an offer and waiting for a start date, how much notice did you say you'd need to leave your current job and start with FL???
4 weeks, although they were prepared for up to 12 weeks as that’s how long I have been employed by my current.

They said they were prepared to wait for up to 3 months?
They were expecting me to say 3 months. A lot of companies used to ask for 1 week for each full year. So they were surprised when I said it’s only 4 weeks now. Although it came across like it wasn’t an issue

wizzyfirefly

Do any of you guys know where you can pay to take the assessment courses privately? I’ve read about DB Shenker but can’t seem to find any info on it, thought I would see if any of you guys knew before I contacted them direct
call Lisa on 01302577310 she is in charge of the test for them. there are no more test planned until the new year though, but good to get on their radar

Stigy

Established Member
They were expecting me to say 3 months. A lot of companies used to ask for 1 week for each full year. So they were surprised when I said it’s only 4 weeks now. Although it came across like it wasn’t an issue
I think I only have to give 4-weeks, but to be fair that’s more of an assumption. After 12 years with my company I’ve never thought to find out lol. We work to a 4-week pay period so that’s where my reasoning lies. I’ll cross that bridge if and when (hopefully!) I come to it.

Pete C

I think I only have to give 4-weeks, but to be fair that’s more of an assumption. After 12 years with my company I’ve never thought to find out lol. We work to a 4-week pay period so that’s where my reasoning lies. I’ll cross that bridge if and when (hopefully!) I come to it.
I assumed mine was 4 weeks too, as every other job I've ever worked has been (well, a month). However, this is my first post in the rail industry, so I don't know if that has something to do with it being 12 weeks.

I work to a 4 week pay period too.

Lendog2012

Mine is 3 months but my work have said they can be flexible and support me if I need it (in a good way and not trying to get rid of me! lol).

Has anyone heard back if attended the Assessment Day on 3rd Oct?? I have heard back from the OPC to confirm I passed the Vienna and MMI but just waiting to hear from Freightliner themselves. I have never checked my emails so much!! lol

Mike121

Mine is 3 months but my work have said they can be flexible and support me if I need it (in a good way and not trying to get rid of me! lol).

Has anyone heard back if attended the Assessment Day on 3rd Oct?? I have heard back from the OPC to confirm I passed the Vienna and MMI but just waiting to hear from Freightliner themselves. I have never checked my emails so much!! lol

Where have you applied for? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.