• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Is there a general consencus that everyone who passes the recruitment process is being put into a hold pool as it currently stands? I have my stage 2 next month (for tilbury), and from reading some of the comments i get the feeling that if i was successful, it still may be a long wait to start? Thank you :)

DMcq2010

Hi fellas,

I passed my stage 1 and now have my stage 2 on the 7th of January. Been fairly comfortable so far in what I've needed to do. Just wondering for the MMI is there a list of questions that they pick from. I'm sure it's probably been asked but through 104 pages of text it's not that easy to find. The ones that I have been looking into so far are.

Greatest achievement
Example of an emergency situation
Relative jobs you have done to a train driver
A time where you have been relied upon

Are the any other common questions that pop up a lot, I will look at a varied lot anyway but don't want to over think it too much.

TIA

Nishhh

Is there a general consencus that everyone who passes the recruitment process is being put into a hold pool as it currently stands? I have my stage 2 next month (for tilbury), and from reading some of the comments i get the feeling that if i was successful, it still may be a long wait to start? Thank you :)

It seems that way. If you live within 90mins of Thamesport I would put that depot down as an option too.

I was down for Tilbury originally but they asked me to consider Thamesport as they could get me on the March course and I wouldn’t be waiting so long.

Nishhh

Hi fellas,

I passed my stage 1 and now have my stage 2 on the 7th of January. Been fairly comfortable so far in what I've needed to do. Just wondering for the MMI is there a list of questions that they pick from. I'm sure it's probably been asked but through 104 pages of text it's not that easy to find. The ones that I have been looking into so far are.

Greatest achievement
Example of an emergency situation
Relative jobs you have done to a train driver
A time where you have been relied upon

Are the any other common questions that pop up a lot, I will look at a varied lot anyway but don't want to over think it too much.

TIA

These are the exact questions.

I would advise that you prepare a minimum of two answers for each

Attachments

• 65762E2D-AB30-4702-B8B0-11BB81ABD4E3.jpeg
    65762E2D-AB30-4702-B8B0-11BB81ABD4E3.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 64

DMcq2010

Your welcome!

If you need any other tips, loads of us here are more than happy to advise.

Thanks mate, I'm fairly confident with what I need to do on the computer and I'm just going to draw on honest experiences for the MMI. I've been a delivery/collection driver with royal mail for the past 7 years so I think most of these things I can cross reference with work life. With a few personal experiences as Well to add some variation. Been enjoyable so far and to be honest I'm quite looking forward to testing myself in the interview as it's been a while since I've had to do one. Thanks again for the advice.

Sam85

Can I ask when your stage 2 date is? I’m tilbury too and my date isn’t until 31st Jan! Yet most I’ve seen here have been for early Jan.

DMcq2010

Can I ask when your stage 2 date is? I’m tilbury too and my date isn’t until 31st Jan! Yet most I’ve seen here have been for early Jan.
I wondered that aswell, seems to be quite spread out doesn't it.

Hey Sam, I'm on the 28th Jan so very late in the month too. It seems like so long away. I guess at least it gives us plenty of time to prepare :)

delticdeano74

Hi mate,
I am currently into week two of Freightliner training course and was told that there is four courses starting in 2019, roughly forty eight trainees, so still a good chance of starting.
Was told today by that the total number of applicants nationwide was 12,000.

Mike121

Hi mate,
I am currently into week two of Freightliner training course and was told that there is four courses starting in 2019, roughly forty eight trainees, so still a good chance of starting.
Was told today by that the total number of applicants nationwide was 12,000.

That’s good then!

Did they say what depots they will be taking for next year?

GMT

I wondered that aswell, seems to be quite spread out doesn't it.
When I went for stage 1 on 13 Dec there were 39 people, of whom 37 men and two women. One of the men left before starting the test because I think he applied before 6 months and another one was released because he had already passed stage 1 with another company, successfully I suppose. Out of those 38 people let's assume about 20 passed. At stage 2 I guess they cannot do more than 3-4 people a day (the interviews take time). So in order to clear the lot of stage 1 13 Dec it takes at least a week, but perhaps longer. And I am sure there was another stage 1 in that week, if I'm not wrong on 11 Dec. So, you see, it takes a bit of time; and let's consider ourselves lucky, as this kind of speed in the railway sector is supersonic.

Paulm36

When I went for stage 1 on 13 Dec there were 39 people, of whom 37 men and two women. One of the men left before starting the test because I think he applied before 6 months and another one was released because he had already passed stage 1 with another company, successfully I suppose. Out of those 38 people let's assume about 20 passed. At stage 2 I guess they cannot do more than 3-4 people a day (the interviews take time). So in order to clear the lot of stage 1 13 Dec it takes at least a week, but perhaps longer. And I am sure there was another stage 1 in that week, if I'm not wrong on 11 Dec. So, you see, it takes a bit of time; and let's consider ourselves lucky, as this kind of speed in the railway sector is supersonic.
At stage 2 they do 6 people a day , 2 doing computer tests 1 doing mmi 1 doing dmi 2 spare , then you swap round .

GLENMAYE77

I know it’s somewhere amongst the 104 pages of this thread but ......

does anyone have a Telephone number they’ve contacted HR on and spoken to someone?

GMT

At stage 2 they do 6 people a day , 2 doing computer tests 1 doing mmi 1 doing dmi 2 spare , then you swap round .
Thank you, so we know what to expect. Therefore they are quicker than I assumed, I would say they go at the speed of light. I hope they are not as fast as that when they get rid of people at interviews :frown:

Paulm36

Thank you, so we know what to expect. Therefore they are quicker than I assumed, I would say they go at the speed of light. I hope they are not as fast as that when they get rid of people at interviews :frown:
Ha ha ha to be honest I found both interviews very relaxed , dmi especially . Make sure you do your research and stay calm and you'll be fine . The lady that did my mmi was very good and I actually quite enjoyed it strangely enough . Good luck .

GMT

Ha ha ha to be honest I found both interviews very relaxed , dmi especially . Make sure you do your research and stay calm and you'll be fine . The lady that did my mmi was very good and I actually quite enjoyed it strangely enough . Good luck .
:) Thanks.
My nightmare is the MMI though. I have already failed once.

:) Thanks.
My nightmare is the MMI though. I have already failed once.

Do you know how you failed last time? Do you remember what questions they asked?

And how much preparation did you do?

Not looking to the MMI also!

Spyder01

For those guys on the current training course:
What are the hours? Is it Monday to Friday only? Are there any indications about the working hours imeadiately after the course?
Thanks

Sam85

Hey Sam, I'm on the 28th Jan so very late in the month too. It seems like so long away. I guess at least it gives us plenty of time to prepare :)

Okay that makes me feel a little better. Yes plenty of time to prepare. The MMI sounds like the most intimidating part!

delticdeano74

For those guys on the current training course:
What are the hours? Is it Monday to Friday only? Are there any indications about the working hours imeadiately after the course?
Thanks
Hi mate,
Yes, Monday to Friday for the duration of classroom learning.
The hours after that will be down to whatever your chosen depot gives you.

Nishhh

Hi mate,
Yes, Monday to Friday for the duration of classroom learning.
The hours after that will be down to whatever your chosen depot gives you.

Some questions;

Is it 9-5 for the duration of the training?
How many months is the training for before you all go to Home Depots?
Are you guys dressing casually, smart or wearing uniform?

Mgv1349

Some questions;

Is it 9-5 for the duration of the training?
How many months is the training for before you all go to Home Depots?
Are you guys dressing casually, smart or wearing uniform?
Mines been about 9-2/3.
2 weeks in the classroom then off to Home Depots for 2 week front end turns then back to Crewe for training then back to Home Depots around April to do your hours.
All in uniform mate.

BillyB

I just got the same rejection email aswell, good luck and well done to all those moving forward
yeah mate only had it yesterday can't believe it.

Billy that's gutting man keep your chin up and go for it again bro you know what the process entails now
Pal I’m gutted for you.....was sure you would’ve gotten a positive result.
Thanks mate I think I knew tbh that I screwed it up.

BillyB

It would be interesting to find out exactly how many are in the pool, I would imagine more than the jobs that are available, but there is a lot going on so be patient and keep your chin up and stop posting negative s***

Status
Not open for further replies.