• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spyder01

Yep, I've had the same email and can't find my old exam certificates. Just left an email with the school to see if they keep details. ICT was definitely not a qualification in my days!

4F89

It's for the apprentice course. If you have the grades, you don't need to update them during the apprenticeship.

If you can prove you have them.

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
Just had an email from Freightliner saying that I will be continued to be retained in the talent pool and that they plan to run 4 schemes in 2019. Also, asked me to send them my GCSE grades in English, Maths and ICT.
Sounds like it's an apprenticeship scheme email they send to all candidates as with an apprenticeship you should have grade A to C in Maths and English as a rule....It's a bit off to expect all their new trainees to have these when there was no mention of this requirement at any stage through the selection process. They didn't even ask for an application form to be filled out giving people a chance to declare anything!

Stigy

Established Member
I’m viewing it as the HR staff are all still on their Christmas break/time off.....hoping news starts filtering out from next week.
Most people returned to work yesterday, however people do tend to take a lot of leave over xmas so it probably is all related. You'll hear soon I'm sure, hang in there!

Mgv1349

Sounds like it's an apprenticeship scheme email they send to all candidates as with an apprenticeship you should have grade A to C in Maths and English as a rule....It's a bit off to expect all their new trainees to have these when there was no mention of this requirement at any stage through the selection process. They didn't even ask for an application form to be filled out giving people a chance to declare anything!
If you don’t have the GCSE’s then you just sit the level 2 functional skills.

Lendog2012

Hi everyone, yes I had the email and waiting for Crewe or Birmingham.

I have just had to scale the delights of my loft to get the classic "Record of Achievement" as well! An interesting read from all those years ago! :lol:

My grades were not the best back then but I have improved significantly since so lets hope they don't start to rank us or I may be at the back of the line......o_O

martin2345uk

Established Member
I thought someone said Crewe were very short of drivers though!? Ugh, I don't think there's any benefit trying to second guess how they might be working here is there, I just gotta hold on and hope...

Lendog2012

I thought someone said Crewe were very short of drivers though!? Ugh, I don't think there's any benefit trying to second guess how they might be working here is there, I just gotta hold on and hope...

We have just got to hold tight mate. It is hard but its all we can do for now....

I would be happy even if they said I was not on a course until later on in the year, at least I could plan for the next 6 months at least.

Stigy

Established Member
If you don’t have the GCSE’s then you just sit the level 2 functional skills.
I’ve since read the other posts haha. Not that it matters to me now, but I find it strange they didn’t mention it being an apprenticeship at the recruitment stage(unless I missed that bit).

Mike121

That will be because you guys are already enrolled in the courses? You have had medical etc and are about to be given contracts

Mgv1349

I’ve since read the other posts haha. Not that it matters to me now, but I find it strange they didn’t mention it being an apprenticeship at the recruitment stage(unless I missed that bit).
It’s not an apprenticeship, they are just doing that along side but we don’t have to do anything they just mirror over from our training record, just think it benefits the company and also looks good for us in the future having something that is new, it’s just been rolled out in some TOCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.