• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattyt

Does any body know the start date for the up coming course in April or where the course would be taking place?
just had my medical!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

2 courses down already, I’m still yet to hear anything since December’s phone call.
Has anyone heard anything regarding the third course yet?

Network2020

2 courses down already, I’m still yet to hear anything since December’s phone call.
Has anyone heard anything regarding the third course yet?
I sent an email last week asking for an update. I was told there is no update and they will contact me when there is.

PickleTree

Anybody else on here had any contact this week regarding an October course? I have been offered a position following my application that began in 2019, I applied for Eastleigh.

Flosursus

Anybody else on here had any contact this week regarding an October course? I have been offered a position following my application that began in 2019, I applied for Eastleigh.
I was offered to be put in the pool to begin a course for Eastleigh in October but I turned it down.

CrazyTrain

I have! I did my psychos in Dec 19. I missed the call from Cara so have only had emails regarding dates for medicals so far but looks like I'll be there. other than that though I cant say I know whats going on. Hopefully all will become clear soon so that I can give my current employer a heads up!

PickleTree

I have! I did my psychos in Dec 19. I missed the call from Cara so have only had emails regarding dates for medicals so far but looks like I'll be there. other than that though I cant say I know whats going on. Hopefully all will become clear soon so that I can give my current employer a heads up!
Hi @CrazyTrain sounds like we did our psychos at the same time, Dec 19, Jan 20? I too missed the call initially but rang Cara back to confirm a few details and she has also been in touch to try and book me in for a medical. I am waiting for the letter to arrive. Other than that I am the same as you! I also confirmed with her that these are IM vacancies and not HH.

Great news!

Well done!
Cheers @Stigy, one of the most helpful people on these forums I have to say. Whilst I have never had any direct contact with you all the balanced advice you provide as well as being very open about your experiences have definitely helped me. Really pleased you achieved the end goal too.

CrazyTrain

Hi @CrazyTrain sounds like we did our psychos at the same time, Dec 19, Jan 20? I too missed the call initially but rang Cara back to confirm a few details and she has also been in touch to try and book me in for a medical. I am waiting for the letter to arrive. Other than that I am the same as you! I also confirmed with her that these are IM vacancies and not HH.
Yeah that's the one, I assume they're all the same in Watford OPC. Congrats on getting through! I've tried to call Cara back but neither number seems to work. I'm not expecting quick replies though. Good info on them being IM, I never got a straight answer though the interview stages. I can't say I'm fussed either way though. Have you bumped into any others on here that might be on the same course?

Stigy

Established Member
Cheers @Stigy, one of the most helpful people on these forums I have to say. Whilst I have never had any direct contact with you all the balanced advice you provide as well as being very open about your experiences have definitely helped me. Really pleased you achieved the end goal too.
Thanks for your kind words, really appreciated! It was this thread I started my journey in back in 2018 I think….it feels like a really long and winding road, but in reality it was only about a year from start to finish with applications (I guess submitting a few applications and going for assessments etc makes it feel much longer winded?). I have Freightliner to thank for putting me through the assessments, although I was gutted when I wasn’t offered a job after the DMI, it worked out well in the end.

All the best to you and good luck going forward, it’s a big achievement and goes to show that these things come out of the blue where talent pools are concerned.

PickleTree

Yeah that's the one, I assume they're all the same in Watford OPC. Congrats on getting through! I've tried to call Cara back but neither number seems to work. I'm not expecting quick replies though. Good info on them being IM, I never got a straight answer though the interview stages. I can't say I'm fussed either way though. Have you bumped into any others on here that might be on the same course?
Cara is on holiday this week mate so don't be surprised if you don't hear anything else this week. Yes I did all of mine in Watford too, can't remember the date of the first lot but the second lot was Jan 7th! The had my DMI in December last year. I wasn't too fussed about IM or HH but like you it wasn't clear from interview as I had originally applied for IM but HH was mentioned in my DMI so I wanted to be certain. Eastleigh always seemed to be very quiet when it came to applicants only ever saw a couple along the way but not recently!

Anybody else been contacted about the October course except @CrazyTrain and I? Booked my medical in today for next Monday.

Last edited:

Jamiey100

Did any one receive a call from Kara today? Regarding a November course. Haven’t heard anything from them in ages.

Robb7

I assume these train driver positions are for those already qualified as Train drivers and not trainees...?

Status
Not open for further replies.