• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FTPex seat numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

harz99

It seems as from today seat numbers have been shuffled about to deal with the problem of reservations being on differently placed seats when stock substitutions occur.

One of the changes means that First Class seats will always be in coach C whether 170/185 or 350 stock is used, another is that all seats will be individually numbered so no more F & B seats in the 350s.

Not sure whether coach D is back in the reservation system for 350s though - hope not as it has been useful to have an unreserved carriage at times.

May be sensible to check long standing seat reservation numbers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
Coach D on a 350 is only reserved on 8 car trains where H is unreserved. It wouldn't make sense to reserve coach D on a service booked for a single 350 as you'd lose an entire coach of reserved seats if a 185 dropped on the service causing upset passengers.

The change means that in addition to 1st class being in coach C on a 185 it will also be in coach F on a 6 car 185.

Last edited:

harz99

Coach D on a 350 is only reserved on 8 car trains where H is unreserved. It wouldn't make sense to reserve coach D on a service booked for a single 350 as you'd lose an entire coach of reserved seats if a 185 dropped on the service causing upset passengers.

The change means that in addition to 1st class being in coach C on a 185 it will also be in coach F on a 6 car 185.

Not the case when I travelled on the 0710 ex GLC this morning; both tables at the non driving end of coach D had seat reservations around them. This was as diagrammed, a single 350/4.

Also the seat numbers have been reversed in D so that the driving end is now the highest seat numbers, unlike in A which has kept lowest numbers at the driving end.

I agree with you that coach D (or H) should be left unreserved.

driver9000

Established Member
Not the case when I travelled on the 0710 ex GLC this morning; both tables at the non driving end of coach D had seat reservations around them. This was as diagrammed, a single 350/4.

Also the seat numbers have been reversed in D so that the driving end is now the highest seat numbers, unlike in A which has kept lowest numbers at the driving end.

I agree with you that coach D (or H) should be left unreserved.

12 seats in coach C near the catering bay are being left as unreserved so this may make some of coach D able to be reserved now. Not sure if all of D can be reserved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.