• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fulda, Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
From the thread title for a minute there I was expecting a thread about NATO and the Warsaw Pact!

However, moving on good photos!

kylemore

A headway of 3 or 4 mins! And these are heavy freights.
Recently on another thread I was castigated for suggesting that 7 trains an hour (and these mostly capacity destroying 2/3 car units) over the Forth Bridge on the supposedly Mainline ECML was a tad pathetic!

gordonthemoron

Established Member
presumably the 20+ freights are north of Fulda, on the high speed line, with services splitting toward Würzburg & Frankfurt to the south?

LouJ

presumably the 20+ freights are north of Fulda, on the high speed line, with services splitting toward Würzburg & Frankfurt to the south?

the freight is split south of Fulda and presumably takes the high speed line north.

Freight through Fulda fairly rattles along - certainly 40 mph plus. Germany is blessed with many flying junctions so freights can keep moving. This is one key to the short headway as conflicting movements across junctions don't have to be considered.

I had an email from someone who did an overnight session on the station and saw 250 freights! I guess that's more freights than run in the UK during a 24 hour period!

Status
Not open for further replies.