• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GA Class 745 and 755 initial diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
With the reduced timetable, the 90s have gone as of yesterday. Everything is 745s or 321s.

Not sure where you got that from. Elsewhere on here it’s reported a 90 was out both yesterday and today. Seen both of them with my Mk1 eyeball.

mervyn72

Hi. Are the class 755's due to do more than rural services as I've had a quick look at post May there is the need for approx 25 per weekday. It leaves a lot leftover...

DannyMich2018

Hi. Are the class 755's due to do more than rural services as I've had a quick look at post May there is the need for approx 25 per weekday. It leaves a lot leftover...
Very unlikely due to current events I'd assume there's less than 25 used daily now with reduced timetable?

dk1

Veteran Member
Very unlikely due to current events I'd assume there's less than 25 used daily now with reduced timetable?
It's still roughly the same. There's not much of a reduced service on GA locals except a few peak extra cancellations. Sundays even have an hourly service on every route except Ipswich-Peterborough which is a best ever frequency.

dk1

Veteran Member
One of them reasons there is no urgency in getting long stopped units back into traffic. 755424 for example has been robbed for parts to keep others in traffic.

RailWonderer

Established Member
Already!? For 20 year old HeX trains and 50 year old tube stock part robbing is expected but why can’t GA order a part from Stadler? They have way more than enough to run the current service.

dk1

Veteran Member
Already!? For 20 year old HeX trains and 50 year old tube stock part robbing is expected but why can’t GA order a part from Stadler? They have way more than enough to run the current service.
It will be replaced in time. They are not all required yet so it's easier to stand those awaiting more serious repair down & retrofit at a later date.

JonathanH

Veteran Member

Stadler run Crown Point depot now so it is up to them if they want to rob parts off other units rather than order them in. Nothing to do with Greater Anglia who just run the trains provided to them by Stadler.

RailWonderer

Established Member
Stadler run Crown Point depot now so it is up to them if they want to rob parts off other units rather than order them in. Nothing to do with Greater Anglia who just run the trains provided to them by Stadler.
So you're saying the decision of how to maintain the trains is decided by Stadler themselves rather than Greater Anglia deciding how the trains they ordered for their own network need to be maintained? I thought Stadler only had a maintenance contract not that they were practically running Crown Point (a very well run depot from what I hear).

dk1

Veteran Member
So you're saying the decision of how to maintain the trains is decided by Stadler themselves rather than Greater Anglia deciding how the trains they ordered for their own network need to be maintained? I thought Stadler only had a maintenance contract not that they were practically running Crown Point (a very well run depot from what I hear).
It's even more diluted now the government are taking all revenue risk. I wouldn't worry. As long as the timetabled service is covered it's no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.