• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ga - trainee train driver vacancy (wagn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geargrinder

"Following an intensive training program, during which you will become technically competent to drive trains in a safe and punctual manner, you will then move to mainline driving according to the current agreed promotional structure. Any promotion will be dependant on successfully passing the required criteria for mainline driving"

So, does this start as a depot driving role ? (lights blue touch paper and stands back...)

Dave1987

On Moderation
West Anglia don't have any Depot Drivers. The shed work is done by mainline drivers. I'm pretty sure this is a starting salary and the wording gives the company the option to not to take your training any further if you are not up to standard.

mindthedoors

"Following an intensive training program, during which you will become technically competent to drive trains in a safe and punctual manner, you will then move to mainline driving according to the current agreed promotional structure. Any promotion will be dependant on successfully passing the required criteria for mainline driving"

So, does this start as a depot driving role ? (lights blue touch paper and stands back...)

I'm pretty sure west anglia train their drivers on the simulator in Stratford before taking them out in the real world. Like Dave says, they don't do the long-winded depot driver to mainline thing.

robby p

West anglia training from start to finish is roughly 12 months, it is not rushed and as long as you're keen and willing to work hard they will get you through.

Just to add anyone applying for Chingford are pretty much applying for TFL. By the time you get through the recruitment process and training they will have taken over Chingford depot and WA suburban services.

robby p

I know it's of no help but it has been advertised internally for a short while now.

shirleyd286

got my application in, don't suppose anyone would know what a good/average applicant score would be? i'll be honest, mine was 54, what ever that equates to? if you dont know what yours was, login and download the pdf...

Quickthorn

got my application in, don't suppose anyone would know what a good/average applicant score would be? i'll be honest, mine was 54, what ever that equates to? if you dont know what yours was, login and download the pdf...

I scored 69. I've no idea if that's good, bad or indifferent.

SND150

Lol. I'm guessing better than mine :lol: suppose will find out "in the next 14 days" apparently..
I got a score of 63 but no idea if that is good or bad either.

Wondered if the score was affected by how far away you live from the depot. I live within an hour of Chingford but no indication on application if there is a minimum requirement for this.

shirleyd286

I got a score of 63 but no idea if that is good or bad either.

Wondered if the score was affected by how far away you live from the depot. I live within an hour of Chingford but no indication on application if there is a minimum requirement for this.

I would guess its purely answers to the agree/disagree thing and the 1,2,3,4 rating. I live within 45 mins of several GA depots. We shall see when I fail to get assessment with a lower score :lol:

shirleyd286

Cheers Dave. When guys start early am turns from Lynn and Ely do they live local to those or travel from Cambridge? Dunno if you had any idea

MuttleyBOT

You need to download the pdf of your application. The score is in the first few lines of that.

No score shown on download of application form!!! It is simply the app form with nothing extra on it. Maybe not scored because I don't live close enough? Confused.com

A-driver

Established Member
Cheers Dave. When guys start early am turns from Lynn and Ely do they live local to those or travel from Cambridge? Dunno if you had any idea

Ely and Lynn don't have any GA drivers based there so they would either start at Cambridge and travel down there by either train or taxi or be the end of night shifts so would have gone down the night before or early morning with empty cars.

varcoe88

No score shown on download of application form!!! It is simply the app form with nothing extra on it. Maybe not scored because I don't live close enough? Confused.com

Can't be to do with how far away you live. I had a score of 64 and i currently live in Somerset! No harm in trying though!

Status
Not open for further replies.