• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gaelan's train checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorksLad12

Established Member
Huh! I'm pulling this (indirectly, via Huxley) from the Darwin reference data. Given the "(Bus)" in the name, I suspect it's referring to a bus stop along Whitehall Road, rather than an old rail platform - do rail replacement busses ever use the Whitehall Road stops?

The question, I suppose, is whether I should be using some other data source to filter down to just "real" train stations - Railboard seems to do this, for example. My current approach surfaces some non-NR stations which nevertheless have Darwin data (examples: Brussels Midi (Eurostar), Stadium of Light (Tyne & Wear Metro), Sheffield Cathedral (Sheffield Tram Train), and Turnham Green (Underground)); the data here tends to be a little iffy, but (with the exception of the Underground, and to some extent Eurostar) there aren't really better sources, so I'm inclined to include them, as they're "better than nothing". I've added disclaimers about the data quality for the cases I'm aware of.
Interesting! And no. RRBs currently go from a stop on Neville Street (Station F (don't ask)), but should eventually move to a stop on Wellington Street (unless the plan has changed yet again). During Leeds 1st there was a shuttle bus connection between the single platform and the actual station, about five minutes away.

I take the ORR's estimates of station useage every year and make a Google map with the stations plotted on them, so I feel you pain on data sources. RTT shows all of the tram train stations with three-letter codes, not just SHQ, even though Rotherham Central is the only NR station that tram train calls at.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Universediver

Love the clean layout. Very easy to use. Please do not try and complicate its layout as it looks great now. Arrivals would be good. Thank you and well done.

Gaelan

Could I suggest a "Dark Mode"?
Just thrown something together - I'm no graphic designer but it seems good enough. It should follow your browser/OS's dark mode setting - I believe most browsers have some way to set this these days?
Love the clean layout. Very easy to use. Please do not try and complicate its layout as it looks great now. Arrivals would be good. Thank you and well done.
Thanks! Trying to maintain that balance of maximizing useful functionality without cluttering things…

Gaelan

Be great to be able to go to earlier departures like Railboard.
Just added this, with a range of -2/+4 hours. Going beyond that will require a change in data source - still planning that but it's far more complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.