• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Airport to Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
What time and what date? Two weeks today I can see advances for £49.50.

Veteran Member
Are you heading back to Gatwick or anywhere near it within a month, as flexible offpeak return tickets usually cost little more than singles.

Alfonso

I need to get to Exeter in two weeks. Prices from Gatwick are extortionate at £92 at the cheapest? How can I get this down? Preferably below £50?
Gatwick - Salisbury via Barnham £27ish, Salisbury--exeter £35ish whether via Westbury or direct, a few pounds more for returns

JB_B

Established Member
Gatwick - Salisbury via Barnham £27ish, Salisbury--exeter £35ish whether via Westbury or direct, a few pounds more for returns

I was thinking about this too (given the recent thread on this). £27-ish is day-single/day return only - it's around 33 for a period return Similarly SAL-EXD at around 35 is weekend only day return,isn't it? It's 44/48 for a period return.

If we get a bit more info I'd maybe also look at going via Clapham and splitting at Pinhoe.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In that case I think there is nothing further to add to this thread.

Alfonso

I'm not sure how we can answer that question.

As we do not know your travel requirements, we are unable to assist.
Yorkie, it's crystal clear: We need a flexible ticket at the cheapest price on the fastest train. We will not sacrifice speed, flexibility,or price.
Onve you've sorted that I'd like an easy yet rewarding job with shedloads of cash, massive holidays, and very few hours. Then you might like to come up with a Brexit solution that satisfies everyone. Then it's probably time for a hot chocolate and beddybyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.