• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick and JFK airports, smoking areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Nice and quick one, do Gatwick and/or JFK have smoking areas a la Bristol and Birmingham, heck even Dublin can do one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
None in JFK as far as I remember - I'm thinking about terminals 4&5. A look around suggests that there are no indoor smoking areas. Gatwick's website also explicitly states that smoking is not permitted in either terminal.

There are pharmacies at both airports that will sell nicotine patches if you need.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not for me, but my travelling companion does partake so figured I'd ask with the international travel geniuses!

Groningen

Established Member
JFK:
Where is smoking permitted at the airport? > Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside each terminal.

http://www.panynj.gov/faqs/airports.html#faqsAirportsJFKQu08

Gatwick:
Q: Can I smoke at Gatwick?

A: You can only smoke outside the terminal buildings in the designated zones which are clearly marked. This means that there’s no smoking once you’ve passed through security, so there are no smoking facilities for passengers connecting from an international to an international flight either. It’s not just Gatwick that has strict rules on smoking – the UK has been largely smoke-free since 2007, when smoking in any public, enclosed areas was banned. E-cigarettes have the same restrictions as our current smoking policy and can only be used in the designated areas outside the terminal building.

http://www.gatwickairport.com/faqs/at-the-Airport/

Crawley Ben

PHP:
Hi all,

Nice and quick one, do Gatwick and/or JFK have smoking areas a la Bristol and Birmingham, heck even Dublin can do one?

Assume your friend is flying Norwegian from South Terminal? if so tell him to follows the signs for the taxi rank and the smoking area is directly opposite by the multi story car-park. I know because I work @ Gatwick and walk past it every day ;)

Ben

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well we're both flying Norwegian out of South Terminal aye, a week on Monday. Should be easy enough to find from memory of Gatwick!

Butts

Veteran Member
PHP:

Assume your friend is flying Norwegian from South Terminal? if so tell him to follows the signs for the taxi rank and the smoking area is directly opposite by the multi story car-park. I know because I work @ Gatwick and walk past it every day ;)

Ben

I think the OP is referring to smoking areas post security not outside the terminal - ie if you get delayed you can spark up :p

It's amazing that such large monliths as Heathrow and Gatwick are unable to offer smokers a "gantry" a la Birmingham to have a burn that does not adversely affect non-smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.