• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Express Mobile tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFX

Firstly apologies if this has been asked previously, I didn't find it by doing a search.

I've just purchased a GTW VIC return and chose the mobile phone ticket delivery via the Gatwick Express website. Ive received two texts which contain a URL for the out and return legs respectively and these display QR type barcodes. Is this the actual ticket barcode as I've received this sort of thing before and the QR barcode has downloaded to display a different type of ticket? I called Southern's customer service and they were unable to advise if this was the ticket itself.

I am also unable to save the barcode as I receive a message saying it has already been downloaded. This means that I will need an internet connection at the barriers to access my ticket. I would guess 3G is quite good at Gatwick and Victoria stations?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
The relevant gates at Gatwick Airport and Victoria are equipped with QR scanners, so chances are good that is the right ticket.

For future reference the Gatwick Express is usually poor value and there are other cheaper options which you should look into.

PFX

The relevant gates at Gatwick Airport and Victoria are equipped with QR scanners, so chances are good that is the right ticket.

For future reference the Gatwick Express is usually poor value and there are other cheaper options which you should look into.

Ach, typical. I didn't even think to look at other options. Being a Jonny foreigner and all that, I was thinking it was a terminus station like Stanstead. Having looked at the station on a map, I now see that's not the case. Ho hum.

Thanks for the ticketing help though. That is reassuring.

EDIT - Bollix. I now find out I could have had a £10 return. Harsh lesson!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.