• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gb railfreight driver..PROS VS CONS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atishyou

The general fault light was more or less regarding the parking break, and the person has not added in that there were 2 locos, just said changed cabs hence the dials should of checked the bogey brake gauge. if there was 2 locos surely a roll by should of possibly been done, they are at my location.
I'm aware of people who have dragged other 66s with parking brakes still on, but think it almost impossible to do it on the one you're driving, the same applying to the straight air, although you'd notice the resistance even if dragging one with it on, but that's just me.

You're quite right, it doesn't say 2 locos, but it's a bit 'i was told' etc, which usually means at least 2nd hand info and we all know something usually gets missed off!

A roll by frequently wasn't done in many places where there were no ground staff!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whoosh

Established Member
You're quite right, it doesn't say 2 locos, but it's a bit 'i was told' etc, which usually means at least 2nd hand info and we all know something usually gets missed off!

Yes I was told, but it was quite a long time ago now. Details are undoubtedly missing. I wasn't told that there were two locos although that perhaps adds more plausibility to the tale. The wheelsets were ruined apparently. You are right to say it's secondhand information though, and may or may not be correct.

The Driver who had the SPAD and was let go when his probation period came to an end was someone who I used to work with though. Even here, I've only got his side of the story of course. But it is perhaps "a cautionary tale".

Atishyou

The Driver who had the SPAD and was let go when his probation period came to an end was someone who I used to work with though. Even here, I've only got his side of the story of course. But it is perhaps "a cautionary tale".
Oh absolutely and I'm certain we all know someone who has done something like that.

I know of someone who took a redundancy payout, went to work for a TOC, had a safety incident in their first 6 months and were let go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.