• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRF 66s - cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have GBRF stopped cleaning their fleet? Today I have seen 3 cone up from Kent which were so dirty the numbers were virtually unreadable on 2. The third (I think it was 66730), was so dirty that even the yellow end was gone - only the small number on the front had been cleaned...

Seems very unusual for GBRF, their fleet is usually very clean...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sd0733

Established Member
I would presume theyre ones that have been used on the RHTT trains. They get filthy on those. One was up in Liverpool a few days ago in an 'all over brown' livery.

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Have GBRF stopped cleaning their fleet? Today I have seen 3 cone up from Kent which were so dirty the numbers were virtually unreadable on 2. The third (I think it was 66730), was so dirty that even the yellow end was gone - only the small number on the front had been cleaned...

Seems very unusual for GBRF, their fleet is usually very clean...

they will have come off the RHTT circuit and i assume they haven't made it back to base yet for a polish

Thanks, that will explain it.

I was surprised because one had no yellow on the front visible with the exception of where it had been cleaned around the number - I was staggered how much less conspicuous it was without a yellow front

Status
Not open for further replies.