• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf to Lowestoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEdge

Established Member
Noticed that GBRf have started sending route learning trips to Lowestoft over the last week. Anyone have any idea what flow has started or when?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BrettSy96

you must have read my mind as I was gonna ask the same question! Saw a 66 in platform 4 on the way to work the other day which was a big surprise!

fgwrich

Established Member
The recent Wherry Lines re-signalling included a new / refurbished Freight Siding at Lowestoft so it's likely it will be for that. Traffic wise I'm not sure, but I believe it will be North Sea related.

3973EXL

Established Member
Engineering work I would guess.
Later in year Somerleyton

TheEdge

Established Member
I doubt it's engineering, given all the stuff that's been done recently clearly enough freight drivers already sign it to cover that.

There have been various rumours about a new traffic flow into those new sidings at Lowestoft and for GBRf to have run these trips for at least 3 days suggests more than a few route refreshers for engineering.

dk1

Veteran Member
Maybe a mixture of both. The imminent flow at Lowestoft and upcoming engineering works. Much long welded rail in the 4ft along the route.

Murray J

I know GBRF have been doing a lot of route learning moves over the last few weeks. trips to Bletchley have been operating several days this week with 66s, and trips have also been scheduled for East Grinstead/Uckfield, Newhaven and Horsham, although none of these have run for the 2 weeks they've been in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.