• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GCR: Bridging the Gap....video now online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

The Great Central Railway, Loughborough and the Great Central Railway, Ruddington are working closely together to link the missing 500m between each railway in Loughborough. The 500m may no sound much but it involves refurbishment of a bridge, complete re-instatement of embankments and retaining walls, a new depot and of course a bridge to span the Midland Main Line.

To find out more see our video online, it explains it all, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the plan, do you think it'll make a Greater Great Central?

Video online here!

The offical support site of the Great Central Link Ltd.
http://www.bridgingthegap.org.uk/

Moved to the 'Preserved & Model Railways, including Railwayana, etc' section - COX

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Plans sound good but I won't comment on the actual thing until/if I see it.

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
:shock:
Looks like an exellent project!

I'm guessing that the triangle at Loughborough is to be the GCR mainline connection then?

The existing GCR is brilliant as it is, but this will make it even better! :P :P :P

EDIT: 'To be' added

Nick

Thanks for the thoughts guys and cheers to Damon for moving the topic :)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
It'll only be a single chord line from the Midland Main Line slow lines, the other part is towards Loughborough Locomotive Shed (Workington Shed) when it is erected.

1K73

Sounds good, should be nice to have a bit of gradients on the GCR ;)

Seriously, hope all goes well with this. I'm not the worlds biggest GCR fan but an extended running line for them should benefit everyone :)

David

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Gradients will still be a maximum of 1 in 176 on the Passenger Line, with about 1 in 40 or something silly like that on the Loco Shed Chord and Loughborough Junction Chord.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
At the moment the website is unavailable due to, I presume, a very high number of downloads of the video, should be back up soon I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.